Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day SEMI FINAL Geelong v Sydney MCG 7.50pm Friday 15 September

Veterans List
    I want to apologise unreservedly to McVeigh who I thought was gone, Sinclair who I thought was a spud and Towers who I repeatedly called for to be dropped.

I hope the egg on my face continues tonight because last week those three were very good.

Will be close but we now bat all the way to 22, reckon there's a handful of marginal players at the bottom of Cats 22, that could be the difference when the going gets really tough. Swans by 15.

Towers always got a bum rap here, because of a couple of mistakes.

Sinclair's change occurred (for me) when you could see the aggression in his game.
    Since then he's toned it down a bit but has come of age to a degree.

McVeigh is still a risky proposition in 2018. His recent form warrants his place, but we'll have to see if he endures.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Not good - Sydney supporters having trouble getting to Melbourne today:

"Queues have been growing at Sydney Airport's domestic terminals since early in the morning as passengers whose flights were cancelled in Thursday's high winds attempt to get on re-booked services."

"Those delayed included AFL fans flying to Melbourne to watch the semi-final between the Sydney Swans and Geelong at the MCG tonight."

Sydney Airport chaos continues after wild weather caused flight cancellations

Match Day SEMI FINAL Geelong v Sydney MCG 7.50pm Friday 15 September

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Not confident for tonight especially in the rain
    The rain and wet will affect Geelong as much as it will Sydney, so that doesn't worry me so much. I'm expecting a hard game with our boys continuing the great form shown in recent games. Predicting a Swannies win of 36.
    We have a few mud larks in the team.... Towers is from the Otways where it rains 9 months of the year and drips off the trees the other three. Rohan also from these parts, and Melican as well. Probably explains why they like the climate in Sydney so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's not that strange. The Giants are playing a side that scraped into the eight - literally - and are notoriously bad travellers.

We're a side that most think is a top four side on talent and form, we travel pretty well, and have a good recent record against the Cats.

However, I agree it's going to be tougher than the odds suggest. Not sure tougher than the media - most have spent the week making a case for why the Cats can win.

(I also think that West Coast aren't without a chance against the Giants.)
    WC are bad travellers is a Victorian perspective pushed out by Vic media who can't see past the further-est light tower at the MCG.
    They are fine travellers for grounds a bit like subi. Seem to do pretty well at AO and spotless.
    And the giants got hit by 2 season ending injuries. .. and WC form line over last month is pretty good.

This week's finals are more similar than you are giving credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Not good - Sydney supporters having trouble getting to Melbourne today:

"Queues have been growing at Sydney Airport's domestic terminals since early in the morning as passengers whose flights were cancelled in Thursday's high winds attempt to get on re-booked services."

"Those delayed included AFL fans flying to Melbourne to watch the semi-final between the Sydney Swans and Geelong at the MCG tonight."

Sydney Airport chaos continues after wild weather caused flight cancellations
    I was in Melbourne for a day trip on Wednesday and couldn't get back to Sydney so ended up having to drive back because I missed the alternate bus and train connections. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fans might have taken other modes of transport to get to Melbourne because of the delays in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmasta View Post
    The rain and wet will affect Geelong as much as it will Sydney, so that doesn't worry me so much. I'm expecting a hard game with our boys continuing the great form shown in recent games. Predicting a Swannies win of 36.
    Yeah I went for 35 points
    I think the rain is more detrimental for the Cats than the Swans.
    Pinpoint kicking will enable them to work through our defense and into their forward 50.
    Rain won't help this.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    Seems like I've been fortunate. Minor plane delay but no worse than the kind you get on pretty much any flight. Lots of red and white on my flight.

It's not raining...yet. There's a big grey cloud gradually taking over most of the sky.

Flash floods in Richmond right now

Warming the Bench
    it's absolutely bucketing down in Hawthorn and expected to get worse.
    Not ideal conditions
    I'm talking about getting to the G

Veteran Site Admin
    Whoops, spoke too soon about the rain. The airport must be in a little spot of sunshine amidst the wider gloom. The closer the bus gets to the city, the heavier the rain comes down.

Bucketing down everywhere in eastern suburbs. The Royal Hotel is going to be chockers pre-game.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast