Thread: Bye Henry Playfair

Bye Henry Playfair

Congrats on landing a job with the Saints (we've been a healthy recruiting ground for them) & thanks for your service over the years - on & off the field ... a lovely guy

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He's done a fantastic job with the defence the past 2 years. Best wishes to him at the Saints.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hear, hear!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Now signing McVeigh for another year all makes sense. We'll just get Macca a pair of platform shoes and no one will know the difference.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Now signing McVeigh for another year all makes sense. We'll just get Macca a pair of platform shoes and no one will know the difference.
    Come to think of it, they are eerily alike!

Nothing against Playfair, but I'm hoping that bringing in a breath of fresh air might be good for our coaching squad. We need to inject some new blood because I see this as a weakness for us,

We injected Brett Kirk not that long ago. Can't really see how Macca will be a breath of fresh air? Bring on Stevie J

Replaced by Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Replaced by Johnson
    Not for the same position surely? Playfair was the backs coach. That's why someone like Hodge would be ideal. I believe that Dew is still in the running for GC so there could be another spot available?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Not for the same position surely? Playfair was the backs coach. That's why someone like Hodge would be ideal. I believe that Dew is still in the running for GC so there could be another spot available?
    Hodge has said he'll spend a year in commentary. Most clubs shuffle their coaching staff around so they don't spend to long in the same role. I don't think Dew will get the gig at GC. Barker would be the front runner ATM I'd say