Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Stevie J heading East?

Is Stevie J heading East?

Here is a great article written by Stevie J about Buddy and his move to the Swans....

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Is this a sign he will moving to the Swans himself next year?....Sounds like it to me.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Headiing of article if you need to search for it:

"The night Steve Johnson tried to sledge Buddy Franklin � and why it�s a waste of time even trying"

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Here is a great article written by Stevie J about Buddy and his move to the Swans....

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Is this a sign he will moving to the Swans himself next year?....Sounds like it to me.
    Not sure now that they've signed Macca in a transitional role. Caroline Wilson on the realfooty podcast said she'd heard Jarrad McVeigh was going to go to Essendon to coach, she surely means Mark. Not sure why professional AFL journos can't get players names right? So that would open up a vacancy at the Giants for Stevie.

I'd like him to come to the Swans, if we can find a way to fit him in. Supposedly the Swans have less coaches than most (Ross Lyon for example).

Did I die and someone walk over my dead body?
    Again?
    Never happen.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Not sure now that they've signed Macca in a transitional role. Caroline Wilson on the realfooty podcast said she'd heard Jarrad McVeigh was going to go to Essendon to coach, she surely means Mark. Not sure why professional AFL journos can't get players names right? So that would open up a vacancy at the Giants for Stevie.

I'd like him to come to the Swans, if we can find a way to fit him in. Supposedly the Swans have less coaches than most (Ross Lyon for example).
    We do. Less coaches and also less talent scouts which is a very big surprise given our record.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    We do. Less coaches and also less talent scouts which is a very big surprise given our record.
    Ah quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You could have a dozen VWs or one Lamborghini. I'll take Kinnear Beatson any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    You could have a dozen VWs or one Lamborghini. I'll take Kinnear Beatson any day of the week.
    I'd take two Kinnear's if they were available.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I personally think the number of coaches at certain clubs is absolute overkill ,I do think players can be over-coached and I'd prefer resources to go the development and player welfare programmes. Having said that I do think Stevie J could be a welcome addition to our coaching ranks.

Re the scouting resources it really is a testament to talents of KB. Another of the many benefits the Academy will bring in time will be that most of our drafting will be done in house (I know they say that being an academy kid isn't a factor but that is only when they aren't good enough as is the case now but quality will soon cease to be an issue) so external scouting, whilst still important, won't be such an issue, especially if we regularly get our first rounder fully reference checked from 6 years in the academy system.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'd take two Kinnear's if they were available.
    We've had 3 if you include Col & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Not sure now that they've signed Macca in a transitional role. Caroline Wilson on the realfooty podcast said she'd heard Jarrad McVeigh was going to go to Essendon to coach, she surely means Mark. Not sure why professional AFL journos can't get players names right?
    Even though he was on the podium in 2012 lifting the bloody trophy they still don't know his name.

Another one that really annoys me is Mark Hannebery

Stevens reporting Johnson to Sydney. Good coaching recruit. Excellent footy brain n will bring a bit of flair to the club. Will one day be in the running for a senior coaching position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast