Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Finals - September 16-17

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Finals - September 16-17

Saturday 16th September � Grand Finals Blacktown ISP Oval 1

9:45 North Shore Bombers (Changeroom 2) v Western Suburbs Magpies (Changeroom 3) (White Clash) Division Two Grand Final
    12:15 Sydney University (Changeroom 1) v St George Dragons (Changeroom 4) Division One Grand Final
    15:00 Sydney University (Changeroom 2) v Pennant Hills Demons (Changeroom 3) (White Shorts) Premier Division Grand Final

Sunday 17th September � Grand Finals Blacktown ISP Oval 1

9:30 Western Suburbs Magpies (Changeroom 2) v UTS Bats (Changeroom 3) (Clash) Division Five Grand Final
    12:00 St George Dragons (Changeroom 1) v UTS Bats (Changeroom 4) Division Four Grand Final
    14:30 Wollongong Saints (Changeroom 2) v Western Magic (Changeroom 3) Women's Division One Grand Final

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Good Luck to all teams competing on the weekend.

For those in changeroom 1 & 2, be careful of any broken champagne bottles.

Warming the Bench
    My Tips Below:

DIV 2 - North Shore (if they do not win this then their club can be regarded as the Chokers for 2017 given the results of their prems and 19s)

DIV 1- St George in the game of the day (on and off the field) The Two crowds to be a feature is this one the smugness of Sydney Uni is tremendous in numbers (hopefully that trumpet makes a return) vs the St George old school ruthless mudgees

Premier- Sydney Uni my tip-

Penno are going to have to start well against this uni team.

The thing that stands out for me with Penno against all the other teams that featured in the finals, was they are genuinely a home grown team full of mates and local juniors, no ring ins from other clubs and states, who are whiling to play for each other. If they can start well and guys like Ranga and Carey can turn back the clock, anything can happen and i can easily see Sydney Uni chocker mainly because, i would say a good 80 percent of the players do not care about the Sydney Afl like those penno players do.

Alot of the 2015 grand final here, however i do think Sydney Uni will not be as arrogant as East Coast were a couple years back.

Sydney Uni for me by 17 points

Other Grades-

Any team against a University team

No sax this time unfortunately, the jazz man is an assistant coach in PD and we couldn't find any other classically trained musicians at short notice! But yes we are smug and will be incredibly annoying tomorrow.

You're free to your opinion but if you think 80% of the team don't care then you might be in for a surprise tomorrow! Should be two great games either way, I can't wait.

Not too fussed about the other grades but a UTS win in Div 4 would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    My Tips Below:

DIV 2 - North Shore (if they do not win this then their club can be regarded as the Chokers for 2017 given the results of their prems and 19s)

DIV 1- St George in the game of the day (on and off the field) The Two crowds to be a feature is this one the smugness of Sydney Uni is tremendous in numbers (hopefully that trumpet makes a return) vs the St George old school ruthless mudgees

Premier- Sydney Uni my tip-

Penno are going to have to start well against this uni team.

The thing that stands out for me with Penno against all the other teams that featured in the finals, was they are genuinely a home grown team full of mates and local juniors, no ring ins from other clubs and states, who are whiling to play for each other. If they can start well and guys like Ranga and Carey can turn back the clock, anything can happen and i can easily see Sydney Uni chocker mainly because, i would say a good 80 percent of the players do not care about the Sydney Afl like those penno players do.

Alot of the 2015 grand final here, however i do think Sydney Uni will not be as arrogant as East Coast were a couple years back.

Sydney Uni for me by 17 points

Other Grades-

Any team against a University team

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    No sax this time unfortunately, the jazz man is an assistant coach in PD and we couldn't find any other classically trained musicians at short notice! But yes we are smug and will be incredibly annoying tomorrow.

You're free to your opinion but if you think 80% of the team don't care then you might be in for a surprise tomorrow! Should be two great games either way, I can't wait.

Not too fussed about the other grades but a UTS win in Div 4 would be fantastic.

I said 80% don't care the same way the Penno players do and everyone knows that.....course they care they wanna win but it would mean a lot more to those penno players

Great day of AFL at BIS today, and congratulations to the "powerhouse" clubs, North Shore (Div 2), St George (Div 1), and Pennant Hills (Premier Division) who thrilled their faithful throng of supporters, by collecting Premiership Flags. Bad luck for Sydney Uni, who add nothing to the trophy cabinet this year, and Wests who were also well supported today.

Should be another cracking day tomorrow, with Wests getting a chance to atone for today's disappointment against UTS in Div 5.

The high flying St George Dragons will have huge support again, as they look to prise the Div 4 Flag from defending champs, UTS's grasp, and add an unprecedented third (3rd) Flag for the club in season 2017.

Magic and W'gong Saints will be duking it out in Womens Div 1.

A great year for Sydney Club AFL, regardless of how those clashes are decided, and at least a chance for some compensatory silverware for a University team!

PS: The person who invented those bloody annoying "Vuvulezas" (guess who had them!) should be hung drawn and quartered!!!

Wonder how wests feel about their big 2017 signing going elsewhere in 2018? Fair way to Baulkham Hills. They may choose to invest some of his 30k in juniors....

Wests big signing baulkham hills, what are you on???? Clearly still on mad Monday. No one been signed of that magnitude

Congrats to wests on the D5 premiership, the first since 96 I think I heard, quite the drought

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Wests big signing baulkham hills, what are you on???? Clearly still on mad Monday. No one been signed of that magnitude
    Cant drink before a gf. Starts now tho!

Good on Salter for taking what ever ECE are paying. Maybe making finals might help reduce their 400k debt.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the Grand Final action is now online.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

It was an even better day for football at BIS today, and three more popular results had the supporters in good voice - although many of the Dragons' "Hill Billies" were noticeably subdued after "gassing" themselves celebrating yesterday's Div 1 Flag! ... some serious stamina issues there, which probably vindicates a bigger commitment to pre-season ... no names, no pack drills, you know who you are!

Congratulations to Wests on their success in Div 5 ... I'm sure the clubhouse at Picken will be pumping long and loud tonight!

The St George Dragons achieved the #redandwhitewash ... 3 for 3 Grand Finalists prevailing, after the Div 4 boys won an arm wrestle with UTS.

Finally, the "other" Saints - Wollongong Saints topped off a great season winning the Womens Div 1 ... that would have been some coach ride home to the 'gong!

Congratulations to all, enjoy Mad Monday in moderation!