Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    IMHO Gaz is today's unfortunate whipping boy. He plays a role and has got the job done on many occasions.

I'll have him in my team thankyou.
    I'm with you on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the case against Rohan is reasonable.
    Or at least, calling for his head isn't totally unreasonable.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think the case against Rohan is reasonable.
    Or at least, calling for his head isn't totally unreasonable.
    Perhaps not, but do you think that he is the reason that we lost against Geelong?

Do you also think that Rohan is incapable of helping the Swans win a premiership in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I'm with you on this
    Seriously? His finals record is pathetic. If he can't deliver in a final, why persist? It's not going to change.
    This rubbish about "he's a 10 possession player" is just stupid. It's as simple as "does he impact the game". In big matches.. no, he does not. So find someone who will.

If it was one game that was the problem it wouldn't be an issue. It's his whole body of work.

Enough chances. Trade him while he has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Perhaps not, but do you think that he is the reason that we lost against Geelong?

Do you also think that Rohan is incapable of helping the Swans win a premiership in the future?

No, and no.

I'm just in the very small camp where we are open to different opinions.
    The other two camps are "Rohan must go" and "are they crazy saying Rohan must go, I love it when he runs fast and kicks goals"
    Looking at it pragmatically, I think they are others who could fill his role and do it better.
    Sometimes players don't click with game plans, or coaching methods for that matter. Maybe he'd be a real superstar somewhere else.
    That would make it kind of selfish to restrain him in the role he plays here.

I am however happy to keep him on board, but he shouldn't just walk in to a game because he can be an excitement machine.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Given his poor finals performances...And his generally low output... I doubt he has much value at the trade table.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Just wild about Harry
    As he is on contract, next year he goes to the reserves until he can consistently get 20+ touches. In the meantime, he gets replaced by Dawson

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    As he is on contract, next year he goes to the reserves until he can consistently get 20+ touches. In the meantime, he gets replaced by Dawson
    sounds fair.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    +1

Senior Player
    I'm not saying yay or nay on this , but how likely is it that Gary will be traded , when we have stuck with a bloke who hasn't played for five years?

Rohan is an entertainer. He's in the side because he can change the direction of a game off his own boot. He can have a handful of possessions and still kick a bag of goals. He's fast enough to run down or run away from any opposition player. He's a strong lead and a good mark and an accurate kick for goal. He would walk into any other team in the AFL.

He's not in the side to be a high possession getter. He's there to do a job. Just like Reid, and Towers, and Smith and all the other low possession players.

I like watching Rohan play. He entertains me. Enough is never enough as far as that is concerned.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast