Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Coaching panel

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Maybe Pykey was the one taking the photo.
    Pyke was there sitting to the left. I saw a photo (or possibly video, can't remember which) and you could just glimpse him. So he was either out of the photo frame or taking the photo.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Maybe Pykey was the one taking the photo.
    Nah, it was Ludwig. He was using it as an excuse to get another shot of TomD for his collection.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Nah, it was Ludwig. He was using it as an excuse to get another shot of TomD for his collection.
    I also took this closeup of my 2 favourites. I'm having it framed and put in my bedroom.

Tom and Kurt.jpg

I see that George Stone is joining Dew at the Suns: George Stone & Shaun Hart join the GC SUNS - goldcoastfc.com.au. When did he leave the Swans and what has he been doing since?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He was working with Roosy at Melbourne. Got a few mentions in Paul�s latest book. Not sure whether he was given the boot by Goodwin

Goodwin seems to have a very different philosophy to Roos. Roos was so much about relationships with his players and treating them right. I can�t imagine Roos treating Watts the way Goodwin has.

Stone would have worked with Dew at the Swans

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought I'd read Stone's departure from Melbourne described as "retirement".

I wonder what we can expect from the Swans game plan given the coach changes. It will be fascinating to see, given that the changes are so large. There are others who will have much better insights than my experience in the game and in their knowledge of the coaches as players.

Do we get a continuation of Horse's 'pressure' above all else? Is he still the decision maker on all structures and player selections? So maybe nothing much changes to the game plan after all?

Or does Johnson have a free hand to redesign the forward structure. If so, what does he say both to Buddy, and the other forwards about their structure and positions - and what 'authority' does he have in 'negotiating' with the midfield coach about how the midfield will deliver into the forward 50?

How do Kirk and Cox work together on clearances? As players, they had very different skills, and it is another thing again to analyse the talent they will have to work with from the Swans playing group. I'd love to hear the instructions to Joey about how to play! Does Johnson get told how the delivery will be; or vice versa.

Will Shaw convert the 'one on one' defense ethic to a mad dash running style? Can Shaw still 'demand' from the midfield coach the same degree of 2 way running? What instructions does Rampe have for 2018? Does Mills still remain a 'backman'?

etc etc etc

I imagine some pretty intense discussions and strategies; presumably needing resolution before the players come back from their holidays.

And then, do Buddy and Joey adapt to new instructions, or continue to perform admirably to their strengths, without fully accepting the new.

It seems to that if ever there was a potential for a slow start to a season, 2018 has potential!

I�m imaging Cox taps it down to Kirk, stoppage-wise

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I wonder what we can expect from the Swans game plan given the coach changes. It will be fascinating to see, given that the changes are so large. There are others who will have much better insights than my experience in the game and in their knowledge of the coaches as players.

Do we get a continuation of Horse's 'pressure' above all else? Is he still the decision maker on all structures and player selections? So maybe nothing much changes to the game plan after all?

Or does Johnson have a free hand to redesign the forward structure. If so, what does he say both to Buddy, and the other forwards about their structure and positions - and what 'authority' does he have in 'negotiating' with the midfield coach about how the midfield will deliver into the forward 50?

How do Kirk and Cox work together on clearances? As players, they had very different skills, and it is another thing again to analyse the talent they will have to work with from the Swans playing group. I'd love to hear the instructions to Joey about how to play! Does Johnson get told how the delivery will be; or vice versa.

Will Shaw convert the 'one on one' defense ethic to a mad dash running style? Can Shaw still 'demand' from the midfield coach the same degree of 2 way running? What instructions does Rampe have for 2018? Does Mills still remain a 'backman'?

etc etc etc

I imagine some pretty intense discussions and strategies; presumably needing resolution before the players come back from their holidays.

And then, do Buddy and Joey adapt to new instructions, or continue to perform admirably to their strengths, without fully accepting the new.

It seems to that if ever there was a potential for a slow start to a season, 2018 has potential!
    May I say that the above is a very 'glass half empty' attitude. Fair enough to speculate, we are all wondering how this will all pan out....but the level of talent coming in is exciting to me. Harley has been with us long enough to know what is expected at the Swans, he also knows Johnson very well and he obviously thinks SJ will be a good fit for us. Cox is just a huge talent and, by all accounts, an excellent 'strategist', so should bring refreshing ideas and Shawry is a long time Swan and a senior coach in the making (was great with the two's) so will fit right in. These changes should be seen as a positive step for our club and I for one believe we will improve for the better. It's not as if we haven't had coaching panel changes in the past, albeit not as wholesale as these. As long as we become more efficient, play better and get better results and I think we will.......but at this point, it's all academic.

Veterans List
    I doubt whether we will change the pressure at all costs style. The players and the team just have to do it better. The Tigers did it better than any team in 2017 and won the flag. I wouldn't be surprised if they used our blueprint and did it better. They have more pace than us.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I doubt whether we will change the pressure at all costs style. The players and the team just have to do it better....
    and if they do have an off game just please don't have it during a do-or-die final (or against the Hawks).
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast