Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching panel

I'm not convinced about this assumption that a player who excels in a position is going to be a great coach for that position, it seems intuitive, but a lot of players are started down back so they can learn how to play forward etc. I assumed Kirk was made forwards coach so he could teach them how to lock the ball in the forward 50. But that doesn't always help when you need to kick quick goals against the run of play. You can only work that out inside the coaching team I guess.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydon View Post
    As of ten minutes ago I am no longer a Swans supporter. I will not support a club that hired Stevie J, no matter how brilliant a footy brain he has, no matter how personable he is off the field. He set a bad example on the field by his habitual dirty tactics and if that is what is perceived as necessary to win, then I want no part of it. Goodbye.
    lol

Is that you boddo?

As of ten minutes ago I am no longer a Swans supporter. I will not support a club that hired Stevie J, no matter how brilliant a footy brain he has, no matter how personable he is off the field. He set a bad example on the field by his habitual dirty tactics and if that is what is perceived as necessary to win, then I want no part of it. Goodbye.
    Attachment 2072
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 3rd October 2017 at 01:17 PM.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    As opposed to those pillars of virtue, David Rhys Jones, Plugger and Barry Hall, all of whom actually played for the Swans for a
    considerable time. Even the Bud is up to 13 citations. It's a bit slippery up on that high horse.

Bye!

Great appointment, as is Tadhg.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    I'm not convinced about this assumption that a player who excels in a position is going to be a great coach for that position, it seems intuitive, but a lot of players are started down back so they can learn how to play forward etc. I assumed Kirk was made forwards coach so he could teach them how to lock the ball in the forward 50. But that doesn't always help when you need to kick quick goals against the run of play. You can only work that out inside the coaching team I guess.
    Quality of player doesn't necessarily have a correlation to quality of coach.
    But experts in their craft can teach novices how to perform certain tasks. Dermie is an amazing teacher about leading as a forward and creating space. Plugger had a noticeable impact on the routines of our forwards - Reid and Papley in particular.
    Stevie J is pigeon holed as a human highlight reel. He also coordinated a forward line in a dominant period of time.
    If you watch him live, you see a player who moves chess pieces live to create opportunities. Often he was the beneficiary - but when you know you can do it better than anyone else, who not play to your strengths?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There's a popular dish with foreigners around here. It's an Irish stew with hot chili sauce called a Thai Kennelly.
    Hahaha. That was really funny.

Veterans List
    What the? You're devotion to our club obviously runs deep. See ya......

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Laidler and Kennelly to be joint NEAFL coaches

Laidler: Omission 'a blessing in disguise' - sydneyswans.com.au

Veterans List
    Just saw on the swans site that Francou has departed. They have confirmed that:
    - Forward Coach is Johnson
    - Midfield & Stoppages Coach is Kirk
    - Defence Coach is Shaw

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Just saw on the swans site that Francou has departed. They have confirmed that:
    - Forward Coach is Johnson
    - Midfield & Stoppages Coach is Kirk
    - Defence Coach is Shaw

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yay. Just as I was hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Great news. I haven't been satisfied with the standard of our match-day coaching for some time now. We frequently get out-coached by the good coaches and our forward structure doesn't seem to be working. Although I would have thought that the bulk of that responsibility would fall on Horses shoulders, injecting some new blood can only improve this. The logical coaching positions will be; SJ - Forward coach, Kirky - midfield coach and Tadgh/Josh/Rhyce? - back coach.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I knew that and tried to spell it incorrectly for the same reason
    Ummmm...me too.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast