Thread: Season Review: #3 Macca

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #3 Macca

Season Review: #3 Jarrad McVeigh - sydneyswans.com.au

Seeing as though the Swans are doing I thought we could do join in to help get through the/our off season.

I think article is a pretty good summation. I actually thought, in the games he played, it was one of Macca's better recent seasons. He obviously isn't fast across the ground be he still does well in traffic and is probably the best field kick in the team, although Buddy is up there too.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I admit I thought he was gone early in the year. By the end, happy to see him go around again. His return did coincide with the rise in team form, you wonder to what extent that was related.

... 'what's easy to conclude is that McVeigh's experience and calm nerve helped lead the Swans' resurgence from a 0-6 cellar-dweller to a 14-8 finals contender'.

Agree with this, it was obvious watching the team play. I hope other leaders now lift to have the same on field impact as McVeigh.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Agree with the assessment, although I can foresee someone disagreeing.
    sprite

Very smart footballer... to negotiate a contract extension right at the time he's shown his best form for 3 years.
    Jesse white like. Maybe he can play basketball too?.

May have helped us get back into finals after 0-6 start, but also part of the reason we cant turn finals into flags.

Can't play the wide spaces MCG and that's where the big dance is.

6/10

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Very smart footballer... to negotiate a contract extension right at the time he's shown his best form for 3 years.

May have helped us get back into finals after 0-6 start, but also part of the reason we cant turn finals into flags.

6/10
    One of our few good players in semi. Premiership captain.

Veterans List
    Elite kick, one of only two at the Swans.

I thought this may be his last year but played a very important role, a quality footballer and happy for him to have another year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

6/10
    But he was one of our few good players against Geelong on The G. Excuse me while I clear my throat........and the 2012 GF.

Veterans List
    Go to here: Skilton Medal: McVeigh on 300 games - sydneyswans.com.au and if you are not tearing up by the three minute mark, you have no heart......great speech and a great bloke (and so is Horse!). Gee, I love this club! Well done Jarryd McVeigh...... 300+ games, one club player and Swans legend!

Veterans List
    I watched it yesterday after Neil Cordy mentioned it on SEN. It was an emotional speech. Both Dew and Longmire had tears in their eyes.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk