Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 B&F

Senior Player
    While I agree that the coverage is a little ordinary given we can't see the round-by-round voting, I still really enjoy this presentation evening. Am generally very proud to see each player get up to accept their awards and the warmth in the room is always palpable.

Much deserved Rising Star Award to Lewis Melican - superb year and massive career ahead. Interesting Blakey suggested he was injured 'for the finals', despite being an emergency for the Geelong game. Also proud of Callum Sinclair's Best Clubman Award, and Buddy seemed in great form accepting the Coleman Medal. He looked amused to be coached by Johnson next year and was very complimentary of Kirk.

Jake Lloyd is doing very well to be leading the BSM count despite missing most of the Hawthorn game. He'll run Buddy and Kennedy close.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Lloyd no surprise. Consistently one of our best and few 'off' games.

Veteran Site Admin
    Reg is the one I over-estimated. He's barely hanging onto a top 10 spot. Smith is also missing from the top 10. Remarkable given how our defence performed over most of the season, but especially after round 6.

Those who predicted a top 10 finish for Heeney look like they'll be correct.

The one who I most underestimated was Papley. I probably discounted him based on him missing the start of the season. But clearly the coaches really rate the work he did in the forward line this year.

Even though Lloyd is leading after round 18, I think it's down to a race in two between Franklin and Kennedy. They both had huge games towards the end of the season, while Lloyd was generally his normal steady self. Kennedy still has a few missed games to come, so I think Buddy will probably finish on top.

Senior Player
    Maybe they figure the paying customers at the dinner deserve to see more than the internet watchers. I don't agree, but it's possible.

Veteran Site Admin
    Players' player - Kennedy

Most improved - Hewett

Happy to see that the first 2 winners of Ludwig's Future Star award, Lloyd and Hewett, are doing so well. Can't wait to see Abe Davis up on stage.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    They sure like dragging the night out. Either that or the person in charge forgot to flick the switch back to live coverage

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They sure like dragging the night out. Either that or the person in charge forgot to flick the switch back to live coverage
    An hour between awards too long at the end of the night

Joeys first finish outside top 3?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Parker wins from Lloyd and Franklin (tied 2nd).

Veteran Site Admin
    Well, that's a bit of a surprise. He was good in the second and third thirds of the season but I'm surprised Parker pipped Buddy.

Can't help but think that the forwards, and especially the defenders, got a bit of a raw end of the stick with the votes, compared to the midfielders. I know Lloyd kinda plays defence, but as a smaller players he's a pseudo-midfielder.

Senior Player
    Bloody thing cut out just as announcement was about to be made.
    Thanks Ugg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast