Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2017 B&F

Parker didnt start performing till the back half of the year, should of been a two horse race between Kennedy and Buddy

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Top 10 #SkiltonMedal
    Parker 696
    Franklin 650
    Lloyd 650
    Kennedy 580
    Hewett 571
    Grundy 569
    Papley 556
    Hannebery 546
    Jones 543
    Heeney 518

It was a great night. I was in a group of 4 and the other 6 at our table had all travelled up from Melbourne for it. They were great fun and we really enjoyed the evening. It was very hard to see the points for each game though, even for those of us who were there! Part of that might be trying to keep the final result a surprise I suppose.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Congratulations to Parker. Was a surprise as I thought it would be out of Kennedy, Franklin and Lloyd.

I enjoyed watching the various videos from the night but where was the Sinclair one??

Can't wait to hear from Annie about the night ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Well, depends where they sit you as to how much you can see.
    FOUR tables of redback members lining the back wall.
    Not. Happy. Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Maybe they figure the paying customers at the dinner deserve to see more than the internet watchers. I don't agree, but it's possible.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sorry kids, I forgot to take photos!!
    What a great night. The speeches were hilarious.

Want gossip .... here it is!!!!

I had a chat with Dewy, who starts his new job at the GC today. I mentioned it was most important that he get rid of that dead wood (Ablett) so that he can have more control over the team. Dewy said not for me to worry, he's already gone.

Spent most of my time with the old fellas up the front... Bobby Skilton is a dead-set darling. He's not that well people, he's on crutches and his legs are giving in on him. His hands are fine though, he managed to sign a few old footy cards for goswannies and was chuffed to see them.

Barry Round was even more chuffed to see his old footy cards. We've decided that he hasn't changed one little bit in 30 years. He's still a handsome old devil. He's having trouble with his health as well (heart) and was taking it easy on the beers, alternating between beer and red wine, because the reds are "good for my heart". God love him, he asked me where we were kicking on after the party, I told him home. His wife said home too!!

Peter Bedford is a darling. Goswannies has a guernsey that I'm getting signed that has the brownlow medalists and 300 gamers on it. (Goswannies doesn't know this, but I'm being buried in that guernsey.) He said that he is honoured to sign such a significant guernsey as was rapt to be among such luminaries.

Joey Kennedy noticed that I've lost weight. OMFG. He noticed!!! Love that boy.
    Got around to most of the players. Hugs and kisses all around.
    Was wishing Talia all the best and he thanked me for making him feel welcome at the club. Pity he played in the snow. He could have gone far.
    Aliir promised me that he'll do nothing to get into the bad books and everything to get out of them.
    Willbur and Ollie have the NICEST girlfriends. They are definitely punching above their weights.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks Annie. Did you catch up with Paps at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Thanks Annie. Did you catch up with Paps at all?
    He was there, but I missed him.
    I'll get him at the redback cocktail function early next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sorry kids, I forgot to take photos!!
    What a great night. The speeches were hilarious.

Want gossip .... here it is!!!!

I had a chat with Dewy, who starts his new job at the GC today. I mentioned it was most important that he get rid of that dead wood (Ablett) so that he can have more control over the team. Dewy said not for me to worry, he's already gone.

Spent most of my time with the old fellas up the front... Bobby Skilton is a dead-set darling. He's not that well people, he's on crutches and his legs are giving in on him. His hands are fine though, he managed to sign a few old footy cards for goswannies and was chuffed to see them.

Barry Round was even more chuffed to see his old footy cards. We've decided that he hasn't changed one little bit in 30 years. He's still a handsome old devil. He's having trouble with his health as well (heart) and was taking it easy on the beers, alternating between beer and red wine, because the reds are "good for my heart". God love him, he asked me where we were kicking on after the party, I told him home. His wife said home too!!

Peter Bedford is a darling. Goswannies has a guernsey that I'm getting signed that has the brownlow medalists and 300 gamers on it. (Goswannies doesn't know this, but I'm being buried in that guernsey.) He said that he is honoured to sign such a significant guernsey as was rapt to be among such luminaries.

Joey Kennedy noticed that I've lost weight. OMFG. He noticed!!! Love that boy.
    Got around to most of the players. Hugs and kisses all around.
    Was wishing Talia all the best and he thanked me for making him feel welcome at the club. Pity he played in the snow. He could have gone far.
    Aliir promised me that he'll do nothing to get into the bad books and everything to get out of them.
    Willbur and Ollie have the NICEST girlfriends. They are definitely punching above their weights.
    From memory Skilts got Golden Staph while in hospital for hip operations. Was hospitalised for many months. As for Roundy, he gave the beer a good old nudge for many years.

Those 2 young lads are getting off to an early start, but I suppose it keeps them on the straight and narrow.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It was a great night. I was in a group of 4 and the other 6 at our table had all travelled up from Melbourne for it. They were great fun and we really enjoyed the evening. It was very hard to see the points for each game though, even for those of us who were there! Part of that might be trying to keep the final result a surprise I suppose.
    Hi Doctor - we were at table 87 where the 4 and 6 matched yours. I'll be most disappointed if you were round the other side!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345