Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Review: #9 Willbur

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #9 Willbur

season review 9 will hayward
    Blessed with lightning speed, a fantastic leap, strong hands and an ability in front of goal, ...
    Pretty much sums it up. I will add that he looks to be a natural forward and makes the most of his limited touches. A bit more experience, confidence and strength and he could be really good.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    season review 9 will hayward
    Pretty much sums it up. I will add that he looks to be a natural forward and makes the most of his limited touches. A bit more experience, confidence and strength and he could be really good.
    Yes, I think that him and Papley are really going to build impressive highlight reels over the next few seasons. Especially if this year's Richmond model becomes a trend and we decide to go with a smaller forward line.

Blog Entries
    Physically, he always reminds be a of the great PK.

Took some remarkable marks during the season. Not spectacular, but more like "how did he get that?".

The added goal sneak, along with Paps, we have been looking for.

Nice first year. Didnt get enough of the ball to make a decisive call on his future.

Will need to continually improve over the next 2-3 year's to make it as an AFL footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Will need to continually improve over the next 2-3 year's to make it as an AFL footballer.
    He already is an AFL footballer

He's going to be a future cannon.
    He's got a good footy brain.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    He'll have to spend a big summer in the gym as well on the track......I'm sure the club will have him on a 'bulk up' program. He needs it to take the next step up in what should be a stellar career.

Veterans List
    Did freakish things as an 18yo, high speed, footy smarts, a highly encouraging first season off an interrupted preseason if my memory is correct.

Looks to be the small forward we've needed for a long time. Double act with Papps be great viewing for a decade and more.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ...Looks to be the small forward we've needed for a long time. Double act with Papps be great viewing for a decade and more.
    I never really thought of him as a "small" forward, he seems to play taller than 185cm. Then again, I always thought Paul Kelly was taller than 179cm
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    One swallow does not a summer make.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    One swallow does not a summer make.
    "Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don�t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us."

Stephen Colbert

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Love him. But test is can he become a Bruest style player who roles back and forward while maintaining goal output. If so, a huge plus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast