Thread: Season Review: #10 Jones

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #10 Jones

Season Review #10 Jones

I think he had a decent year but I was expecting more. Consistency was an issue across the season with some standout games and some where he didn't seem to get the ball.
    Then again, he has improved significantly season on season and I am glad he stayed with us and look forward to him dashing through the opposition for the next few(?) years.
    Oh, and it is good to have someone who is fiery and plays on the edge (along with Papley) just as long as he doesn't get suspended.
    He reminds me a little of Maxfield with his aggression, run and, at times, great kick.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Did well in the B & F.

Need to improve his disposals next year.

I think he definitely showed glimpses and had some good games early but had a disappointing 2nd half to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Has to work on consistency of effort and skill level, his speed of decision making, and his disposal by foot both at speed and from stationary. Get all that right and he could be elite.....

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And his mates need to tell him he's hot.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

When I mention bringing ruthless to the game, this is what I'm talking about.
    He has just enough ruthless to make the difference.
    When he's on song, they're all on song.
    I had a good chat with him at the BnF. He's such a respectful young man. He's parents should be proud.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I get the feeling Jones will become an essential player. He already has the endeavour, just needs to polish some of his disposals. He's the kind of player that can lift a team when they're down.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And his mates need to tell him he's hot.
    The first time I read this I interpreted it as he needs to be told he is good looking!! But then it clicked what you meant and I agree with that.

Speaking of someone being hot...his brother Nathan was on the same train carriage as me heading to the Geelong final. He is gorgeous .