Thread: Season Review: #20 Reidy

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #20 Reidy

Season Review: #20 Reidy

his season was an outstanding output from Sam Reid - his best since 2012.
    I wouldn't have called it outstanding but it has been his best since 2012.
    Reid has gotta be one of our best marks but doesn't seems to get enough (or make enough) chances to become that dominant 2nd forward we want him to be.
    I don't get to many games but it looks like Sam often plays as a decoy to allow Buddy to be Buddy. Or does the midfield just look Buddy too often?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Another full preseason, should provide an even better base for him.

His role seems to be the third forward after Buddy and Tippo, which allows us to send him to defence at crucial stages.

I would like to see him spend some time on the ball, he could be our Blicavs.
    sprite

Big year coming up for Reid. He will be a big reason why we can win the 2018 premiership.

He is at the age where people stop making excuses for key forwards needing time to develop. Needs to kick 35-40. He will hopefully be kicking 3-5 goals in 4-5 games with 1-2 in each of the others. He just needs that top output consistency.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    ... I would like to see him spend some time on the ball, he could be our Blicavs.
    This.
    Was it the 2015 where he played on the ball at times? I thought he had the hands (and bulk) to play there more often.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017