Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Review: #22 Towers

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #22 Towers

Season Review: #22 Towers

A great season. Dean looks to have found his role within this team.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I agree. He's a useful player offering versatility, size, pace and endeavour if not perfection.

While you couldn't quite call it a break-out year, he was selected each week so the coaches were happy enough about his role and contribution.

I expect him to continue being selected next year as I am sure he is getting the right coaching support (and working hard) to improve his consistency, decision making and execution.

I liked him even more after reading this from the Footy Almanac earlier this year.

Round 12 – Sydney v Western Bulldogs: Barracking for Towers

Great read! Thanks Swansongster.

Bravo Towers for getting more settled at the level this season. It's always great to see any player living up to their ability and it's also great to learn more about them as people and hear their back stories.

Infront of Paul Bevan, Jed Lamb, Patrick Vespremi and Mitch Morton easily the biggest spud ever to wear the Red + White. Thank god he is mature age and wont have to bear him for too long.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Infront of Paul Bevan, Jed Lamb, Patrick Vespremi and Mitch Morton easily the biggest spud ever to wear the Red + White. Thank god he is mature age and wont have to bear him for too long.
    Mitch Morton? Are you talking about the bloke who learned his trade in the seconds and kicked two goals in our last Granny?

As for Deano, time will tell - I think in his favour.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Long Term Injury List
    Wow you're a tough marker. Paul Bevan & Mitch Morton both members of Swans Premiership teams. Any more members of those 2005 & 2012 Premiership teams you would like to add to your list?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Wow you're a tough marker. Paul Bevan & Mitch Morton both members of Swans Premiership teams. Any more members of those 2005 & 2012 Premiership teams you would like to add to your list?
    LRT. Only had a few g?o?o?d? outstanding games a season.
    Luckily they were in September!
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 3rd November 2017 at 02:36 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I was never a big Ben Mathews fan

#thedifference

2012 looks like a real dud of a draft. Dean could turn out to be one of the top 10 picks in that draft. He's still around and improving every year. He'll have to go one better next year because there are plenty of players nipping at his heels.

Regular in the Side
    Dean Towers was the best available at pick 22 in the 2012 draft. Of all the available players taken after Towers only Rory Atkins pick 81 comes close to being someone you might have wished to have taken instead. If you ran the draft again today I would have Towers going at pick 8 as I can only see seven players taken earlier I would rather have at the club than him and even then some I would question. e.g. Jake Stringer and it includes also Joe Daniher who was unavailable due to Father-Son at Essendon.

Harsh. Very harsh. Like the rest of us he goes to work every day and does his best. I've wanted to strangle him at times (Richmond game) but if anything i think it is because he tries too hard.

He has gotten a little better every year and by all accounts is a great clubman who works extremely hard, which should never be under appreciated.

Still has more to offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast