Thread: 2018 milestones

Senior Player

2018 milestones

Interesting article on next season's (potential) milestone games.

Milestone men in 2018 - sydneyswans.com.au

Amazing that Lloyd and Cunningham could get to 100 games with Rohan (Lloyd only 3 behind him). Makes you realise how much Rohan's career curtailed by injury.

They're drawing a looooooong bow with Sam Naismith.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Amazing that Lloyd and Cunningham could get to 100 games with Rohan (Lloyd only 3 behind him). Makes you realise how much Rohan's career curtailed by injury.
    Just as remarkable is that Hanners, who was drafted only a year earlier than Rohan, is closing in on 200 games. And it's not as if he's had a completely clean run either. He was bottom aged when drafted and only debuted very late in his first year, and has had a couple of injuries that have seen him miss runs of games.

Hilarious that they've got Tippo playing 22 games next year. Like that's going to happen.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Hanners would have to be one of the youngest/ fastest to reach 200?

Veterans List
    Cunningham to play 19 games on 2018. Fanciful. After his woeful final where he found it a burden to get near the football, and other players of his size coming on, I doubt he will play many games.

Glad to see Jake Lloyd up there near 100 games. I know he came tied for 2nd with Buddy this year (at least that is what I remember, but stand to be corrected) in the B & F, but he seems to be one like Reg, not flashy, not a 'big' name and I doubt that many outside of swans supporters even know his name, but I am always happy to see his name on the team sheet and the 100 games has snuck up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Cunningham to play 19 games on 2018. Fanciful. After his woeful final where he found it a burden to get near the football, and other players of his size coming on, I doubt he will play any games.
    Ha Ha.

Just correcting for accuracy

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Glad to see Jake Lloyd up there near 100 games. I know he came tied for 2nd with Buddy this year (at least that is what I remember, but stand to be corrected) in the B & F, but he seems to be one like Reg, not flashy, not a 'big' name and I doubt that many outside of swans supporters even know his name, but I am always happy to see his name on the team sheet and the 100 games has snuck up on me.
    Brian Taylor knows who Lllloyyyyyd is ????.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Cunningham to play 19 games on 2018. Fanciful. After his woeful final where he found it a burden to get near the football, and other players of his size coming on, I doubt he will play many games.
    Yeah, because he was the only one in that game not to get many touches
    Before his injury last season he was playing good, strong footy and looked to have turned a corner, topping the tackle count in a few games. Yep, still soft ...
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017