Thread: Long interview with Stevie J

Long interview with Stevie J

The latest episode of Titus and Sergio's Variety Hour is a long interview with new Swans assistant coach Stevie J - pretty interesting, think I can like the guy.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    The latest episode of Titus and Sergio's Variety Hour is a long interview with new Swans assistant coach Stevie J - pretty interesting, think I can like the guy.
    Hey Undy, thanks for the heads-up. It was indeed a very interesting interview, and has certainly altered my perception of Stevie J; like you, I think I'll be able to like the guy now that he's joined us. Was obviously a bit of a lad, but sounds a more solid character than I'd realised, and likely to be able to help our guys.

Fascinating when he chatted about players playing their role

Shannon Byrne who is stevie js best friend
    The team required Shannon to put on lots of forward pressure and not pick up 20 possessions per game

When supporters question Gary Rohan�s stats it makes u wonder what the players and the coaches are looking for vs how supporters benchmark a player

Lloyd another example early in his career of sometimes mis understood kpis from the outside

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Fascinating when he chatted about players playing their role

Shannon Byrne who is stevie js best friend
    The team required Shannon to put on lots of forward pressure and not pick up 20 possessions per game

When supporters question Gary Rohan�s stats it makes u wonder what the players and the coaches are looking for vs how supporters benchmark a player

Lloyd another example early in his career of sometimes mis understood kpis from the outside
    I listened to it on the way to work this morning. I agree with all of the sentiments above. I also thought of Rohan and Towers when he spoke of Byrne. We really have no idea of what the players are asked to do by the coach, we only complain that they dont kick a bag or get leather poisoning.

May not get 20 possessions, but even if your role is "pressure", you can still pick up 10 or so.

What about lloyd no tackles ? That histeria was never ending at one stage on this forum

Lloyds role is to never be inside the contest where possible ie be outside outside outside which killed some supporters in his first season or two

Yet Alistair Clarkson rejoiced in his after match interview ( the second time the hawks played us in2017) stating that lloyd missing that game made a huge difference playing the Swans and allowed them to pressure our back line transition with out much fear

A couple seasons on lloyd is not measured by some supporters any more re his apparent tentative tackling if it at all.........he is recognised for his staying alive transitions and his 5 or 6 involvements in a small passage of play whether they pop up on the stats or not

Ie hand pass, receive, decoy run, option for receive in space, hand pass, decoy run, block all in the space of 90 seconds and all true grit gut running and rockstar awareness !

So what if Rohan is assessed primarily for directing the oppositions transition into high pressure zones?

What if Rohan is marked more for this area of his role then any other area of his game ?

Ie what if Rohan averages 5 times a game and is directly responsible for moving the opposition transition into a high pressure area on the field that leads to a turn over ....which leads to a goal by the Swans ?

Ie what if Rohan is responsible another 4 times per game for moving opposition transition into high pressure areas and we can lock down the contest from this play and wrestle back control of a fast flowing un contested opposition game planfrom the opposition that was stifling our control of the game ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 15th November 2017 at 10:17 PM.

I can't hear it as I don't subscribe. What is the gist of what Stevie J says?

Veteran Site Admin
    You don't need to subscribe to anything to listen. Just press the play symbol.

If rohan was doing such a great job of forward pressur why was he moved to the backline.
    Dont try to over think it. He plays rubbish in finals. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You don't need to subscribe to anything to listen. Just press the play symbol.
    Liz, thanks for that. I saw 'subscribe' and nothing beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If rohan was doing such a great job of forward pressur why was he moved to the backline.
    Dont try to over think it. He plays rubbish in finals. Simple as that.
    Give it up Auntie G. Barry has his entire life savings invested in this.

Ive got my lifesavings in crypto actually.