Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2018

Hi. Does anyone know if there�s the usual intra club game this year? I can�t seem to find one on the website. And a quick thanks to all the regular correspondents. I don�t post often but enjoy reading your thoughts. There�s some wonderful notions expressed here. Keep it up!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mariachi View Post
    Hi. Does anyone know if there�s the usual intra club game this year? I can�t seem to find one on the website. And a quick thanks to all the regular correspondents. I don�t post often but enjoy reading your thoughts. There�s some wonderful notions expressed here. Keep it up!
    Feb 23rd. It's included in the "What's On" on the Swans website. No doubt it will get further announced closer to the date.

What's on! - sydneyswans.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Midfielder 'furthest behind' of Sydney's fab five - AFL.com.au

Here's some news from the club on those players still recovering from injury.

Most interesting is that it confirms what many of us suspected (and maybe some knew for sure) - that Hanners played much of last season very sore. It also explains why he's still on the sidelines. I saw him with a compression type bandage over his lower leg last Monday but it sounds like the calf issue is fairly minor. I don't think it would be that bad a thing if he had a late start to the season. He does so much hard running, and has done for season after season, that a later start that maybe sees him fresher in September could be a good thing. I have enough confidence that we now have enough younger players with experience who are capable of playing through the middle that he can be covered for a short period. But I also think he's vital to success at the end of the year. When we win in the big games, invariably Hanners is one of the players leading the way.

Good call Liz. If he can be running on strongly at the end of the year it would be a huge plus. Has been a gun player for us and looked like he was running on empty at times last season although he was one of our better players against Geelong in the finals. Would love to see him win a B and F before his career is over. Probably should have a Norm Smith to his name as well.

Cheers, although I was wondering about intra club - swan vs swan. They�ve run them the last few years at Henson.

Pre-season 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mariachi View Post
    Cheers, although I was wondering about intra club - swan vs swan. They�ve run them the last few years at Henson.
    Yes, that�s the 23 Feb fixture, 5.30pm at Henson Park (according to a Swans email I received today).

Whoops, just re-read, it does say inter-club v GWS, I swear I read the email to say intra-club (and that�s what I�ve written in my diary)!

Veteran Site Admin
    I too read it as intra-club, no doubt because that was what I was expecting to read. Looks like they've substituted a proper practice match for this year's intra-club.

Veterans List
    Good article just gone up on the AFL website about Buddy's longevity. The interesting bit was the quotes from Longmire. I'll leave you to read it.

Veteran Site Admin

Veteran Site Admin
    Swans to stay misers but lift the offence - AFL.com.au

It's a piece of fluff that gives little away, but I guess it passes for "news" about the pre-season, given the paucity of information available at the moment.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Swans to stay misers but lift the offence - AFL.com.au

It's a piece of fluff that gives little away, but I guess it passes for "news" about the pre-season, given the paucity of information available at the moment.
    aye it's like the sahara of late for thirsty supporters.

It will pick up from here on out though i guess.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    My son was lucky enough to attend at clinic with Sinclair, Foote and Brown on Monday.
    He is the blonde headed kid struggling to touch his toes
    20180105 Swans 2.jpg
    20180105 Swans 3.jpg
    20180105 Swans.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    aye it's like the sahara of late for thirsty supporters.

It will pick up from here on out though i guess.
    according to this Careers - sydneyswans.com.au

we are currently looking for:
    MEDIA COORDINATOR We�re looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Media Coordinator to join our Communications team. Reporting to the Media Manager, the Media Coordinator is responsible for assisting with media and PR opportunities, as well as creating high-quality content for Sydney Swans digital channels and publications.

So i guess understaffed and a bit disorganised.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast