Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2018

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I see the boys trained at Weigall in Rushcutters Bay this morning. Is this a temp change of venue from Lakeside?
    The footage of last week's session was at the same venue. I was going to ask others on here if they knew what the venue was, but now I don't need to.

I wonder if Lakeside is off-limits at the moment. The construction work alongside it is still going, so maybe it's not a pleasant place to train.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Wrestling training this morning

I hope those are not their best wrestling efforts!

I think they've been at Weigall oval down at Rushcutters Bay all pre-season so far (I have spotted them training from the train on the way to work) but I don't know why. I presume it is because of the light rail work one way or another.

Odd one out Dawson ?

Interesting

Great to see AJ with the Senior players though

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Odd one out Dawson ?........
    Please explain?

Veterans List
    and so this is Xmas ........

So we've hit the festive season break, all players have returned to training after their longest breaks for some years, only Tippett with major post season surgery, Buddy and Heeney some minor stuff, all seven draftees turned up without niggles and nearly the whole squad has completed the majority of sessions.

So our Xmas present is a squad in better shape than it's been since records have been kept and new found enthusiasm and vision in the coaching box. That'll do me.

Does anyone know who won the time trial this year?

Pretty amazing Reg played such a good season with minimal training during the week all season and same with Tippo carrying his ankle injury with minimal during the week training

Hannes with his OP all season which is a pain in the arse injury...... well almost but u know what I mean !

They are all tracking well

Veterans List
    Champion Data's List Analysis has bee released. This rates players on their performance over the past two seasons with a 25/75 bias towards the 2017 season. Players are rated Elite top 10% of position, Above Average top 35% of position.

Swans top the list with 17 players rating Elite or Above Average. Other teams in order
    16 Port
    14 GWS
    12 Melbourne, Richmond
    11 Adel, Essendon, Geelong
    10 Collingwood, Hawks, Dogs
    8 St.Kilda, West Coast

Overall list ratings have us top followed by Port, Adel, GWS, Melb, Geelong, Dogs, Hawks to round out the 8, then Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, WCE, North, St.Kilda, GC, Bris, Freo, Carlton

Amazing how low the reigning premiers are on those lists. Just goes to show that it is all about the best team not just elite players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Amazing how low the reigning premiers are on those lists. Just goes to show that it is all about the best team not just elite players.
    Swans 2005

Interesting chatting to the players and how much a tough vs easy draw makes a difference in their opinion come final time some teams are cooked and some have a full tank

Dogs
    Richmond

Very nice draws each year respectively in their GF winning years

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast