Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 26

Thread: 2018 membership numbers

  1. #1

    2018 membership numbers

    Will we break through the 60,000 barrier this year? We came close last year. but no cigars.

    The number is not yet up on the membership page (like last year).

  2. #2
    Senior Player Doctor J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Between Cities
    Posts
    1,200
    Would have done it easily last year if not for the 0-6 start.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    1,654
    Maybe it will drop due to the shi**y draw for families.....

  4. #4
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Strangways central victoria
    Posts
    219
    Regardless of the draw you buy a ticket to support the club.
    I spend over $1000 on membership tickets.
    A family ticket that never gets used as two of the kids live in Thailand, one child lives in Queensland his father is in the army based in Queensland another grandchild's father has split up with our daughter and the weekends that he has him usually coinicides with a Swans game in Melbourne and he won't let him go.
    My wife and I were only able to go to one game this year but still none of this will stop us from buying tickets to support the Swannies even if it means eating nothing but potatoes again for 2 months.

  5. #5
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,764
    1 more to keep the numbers moving. Signed up my 3yo grandson this morning.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Regardless of the draw you buy a ticket to support the club.
    I spend over $1000 on membership tickets.
    A family ticket that never gets used as two of the kids live in Thailand, one child lives in Queensland his father is in the army based in Queensland another grandchild's father has split up with our daughter and the weekends that he has him usually coinicides with a Swans game in Melbourne and he won't let him go.
    My wife and I were only able to go to one game this year but still none of this will stop us from buying tickets to support the Swannies even if it means eating nothing but potatoes again for 2 months.
    While I admire your support for the swans I can't help cringe that you, ma and pa battler, are gifting $1000 of your money to a corporate turning over $40 million in revenue.

    Support shouldn't be measured in $$.

  7. #7
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    While I admire your support for the swans I can't help cringe that you, ma and pa battler, are gifting $1000 of your money to a corporate turning over $40 million in revenue.

    Support shouldn't be measured in $$.
    Tend to agree with you there Barry. People have a right to expect value for their 'hard earned' and not everyone is flushed with enough cash to basically 'donate' to a rich corporate entity. I know the draw is not the clubs fault but a lot of people buy a membership to be able to see their team regularly for reasonable outlay and I don't blame Mr and Mrs Average passing on something which does not, in their minds, deliver value....The club is not a charity and most fans are not rich.

  8. #8
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,595
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Regardless of the draw you buy a ticket to support the club.
    I spend over $1000 on membership tickets.
    A family ticket that never gets used as two of the kids live in Thailand, one child lives in Queensland his father is in the army based in Queensland another grandchild's father has split up with our daughter and the weekends that he has him usually coinicides with a Swans game in Melbourne and he won't let him go.
    My wife and I were only able to go to one game this year but still none of this will stop us from buying tickets to support the Swannies even if it means eating nothing but potatoes again for 2 months.
    You commit to spending $1000 on football admission even if that means you have to eat only potatoes for 2 months?
    Each to their own, but I bet the club wouldn't not want that happening.

    I'm assuming that you are using this as a descriptive analogy to demonstrate unwavering support and dedication.
    To me it's just weird.

    I know there are a range of people here all at different levels of support.
    Personally I only get to a couple of games a year as
    1. I live in Victoria
    2. I travel a lot.
    I don't buy a membership at all, and in no way does that diminish my role as a Swans fan. I support the team in other ways - merch etc.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  9. #9
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,229
    After 5 years, before that I lived elsewhere and could not attend games, I have resigned my membership. Too many night games in the middle of winter. I simply can't do winter and winter nights are hell for me. I suffer during the winter due to osteoarthritis and spinal degeneration and am in too much pain at night. I loathe it. Rather be in Thailand and probably will be.

    The AFL have stuffed my footy season by programing night games. Why is it that Sydney Swans fans asked for less night games, more day and twilight games but the AFL in their wisdom program almost all night games. Bastards.

  10. #10
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    After 5 years, before that I lived elsewhere and could not attend games, I have resigned my membership. Too many night games in the middle of winter. I simply can't do winter and winter nights are hell for me. I suffer during the winter due to osteoarthritis and spinal degeneration and am in too much pain at night. I loathe it. Rather be in Thailand and probably will be.

    The AFL have stuffed my footy season by programing night games. Why is it that Sydney Swans fans asked for less night games, more day and twilight games but the AFL in their wisdom program almost all night games. Bastards.
    T.V. Ratings ole chum !!

  11. #11
    Clubman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sydney's eastside
    Posts
    1,195
    I don't think the club minds - it helps the sponsorship dollars roll in in a big way and they are still getting growing memberships and attendances at games. Probably the exposure on TV etc helps generate more new fans and attendance than it puts off. But I certainly prefer afternoon games - Saturday afternoon is my favourite time slot.

  12. #12
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,764
    Wolfy. You can join Ludwig in Chiang Rai. AFL international membership is about $180 and you get the lot on line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO