Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 membership numbers

Veterans List
    New record, 58,839 and climbing!

The magical 60k in sight. Our membership numbers are very respectable and above many Victorian clubs including Geelong and Carlton.

We also boast one of the highest corporate sponsorship income of any club. What we don�t have (probably for the best) is passive income from poker machines on which clubs like Hawthorn are heavily dependent. This puts our overall revenue at lower levels than the big clubs and middling overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    The magical 60k in sight. Our membership numbers are very respectable and above many Victorian clubs including Geelong and Carlton.

We also boast one of the highest corporate sponsorship income of any club. What we don�t have (probably for the best) is passive income from poker machines on which clubs like Hawthorn are heavily dependent. This puts our overall revenue at lower levels than the big clubs and middling overall.

I am damn proud we dont leech off the misery of people through poker machines.

Prefer to be middling in terms of finances than reliant on taking advantage of some of the most vulnerable in the community to prop up our footy club.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

2018 membership numbers

I agree wholeheartedly, mcs. The so called �family club� Hawthorn is so reliant on this scourge.

59,202 according to Swans website. Only 798 more to go to reach 60,000.

Ben Ronke may just get us over the line.

Great news - but I wish the club would make more headlines about pushing close to 60,000 - make it a leading article in the website and try and get it in the Sydney and Melbourne newspapers.

It was not long ago we would have had a fraction of that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Great news - but I wish the club would make more headlines about pushing close to 60,000 - make it a leading article in the website and try and get it in the Sydney and Melbourne newspapers.

It was not long ago we would have had a fraction of that number.
    This is going to show my age.

In 1982 I walked into the SMFC office on the Friday afternoon before the start of the season and purchased my membership ticket. 1982 being the first year of the clubs move to Sydney. I paid my money for a members ticket that gave me entry to all 11 games played in Melbourne. That ticket I was given was member number 35!!! Yes not that long ago we indeed did have a fraction of that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    This is going to show my age.

In 1982 I walked into the SMFC office on the Friday afternoon before the start of the season and purchased my membership ticket. 1982 being the first year of the clubs move to Sydney. I paid my money for a members ticket that gave me entry to all 11 games played in Melbourne. That ticket I was given was member number 35!!! Yes not that long ago we indeed did have a fraction of that number.
    That made me laugh! I hope you�ve kept the ticket Doctor, it�s now a piece of memorabilia.

Regular in the Side
    60,000 and counting --- 60,039 announced today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Awesome outcome for the club - we have made such huge strides in recent years. Even if one considers 1/3 of those members might be of the oft quoted 'bandwagon' type that could perhaps drop off in time if our form/results drop off for an extended period, that still means we have a solid rump of 40K members. Great stuff to see and long may it continue
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Fantastic news. Well done to all the staff, players and members.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    An absolutely magnificent achievement!

When you consider how our club has dragged itself up from the depths of despair, this has been a monumental effort from everyone!

We've gone from being the club that everyone felt sorry for to the club that everyone wants to be like.

MIGHTY BLOODS FOREVER!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast