Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 membership numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    SCG on a sunny afternoon will struggle to compete with these numbers....

GF, Friday night footy dominates TV ratings - AFL.com.au
    Correct me if I am wrong as I am only going on memory but weren't all of those highest rating games close, see-sawing battles where anybody could win until late in the fourth quarter?

I think this may skew the highest ratings stats. If my Friday night habits are any guide, I think fans of all teams, all over the country may not all sit down to watch the Friday night game but they do monitor the scores through mobile devices, social media, real-life contact with real people or other methods.

If a good game is brewing, we switch on? If one-sided we don't bother?

Prime-time games for the Swans last year were nail-bitingly close, weren't they (again, from memory)?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong as I am only going on memory but weren't all of those highest rating games close, see-sawing battles where anybody could win until late in the fourth quarter?

I think this may skew the highest ratings stats. If my Friday night habits are any guide, I think fans of all teams, all over the country may not all sit down to watch the Friday night game but they do monitor the scores through mobile devices, social media, real-life contact with real people or other methods.

If a good game is brewing, we switch on? If one-sided we don't bother?

Prime-time games for the Swans last year were nail-bitingly close, weren't they (again, from memory)?
    Yes, you're probably right, in the way the way that you mentioned, but on the other hand, I think that ratings are probably skewed against sports, in one important aspect. That is, the people that watch footy at pubs and clubs, aren't included in the ratings. Since pretty well every pub or club in Australia would have at least one TV with some sort of footy on it, with at least some of the customers paying attention, then there's a large chunk of the viewing audience that isn't being counted. Whereas, if The Block or My Kitchen Rules happens to be on a pub TV, pretty well no one pays attention.

28,663. A little bit slower than last year (I think).
    Can we crack 60,000 this year?

Veterans List
    I won't be renewing until January to give my credit card a rest after the festive season ????. So maybe others are doing the same. Or it could be that the lack of day games has deterred people from signing up.

I heard a report last week that Essendon had already signed up 50,000 members!

It's early days...let's see our numbers when the season starts.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

30,284. A long way to go before we break the 60,000 barrier. Can we do it?

Expect a drop in 2018 due to where we finished compared to 2016/17.
    Win the first 5 games and we'll give 60k a crack again. :-)

Veterans List
    Richmond, wonder how they're going?

I wonder how that bizarre Focus on Footy group are going?!!

Warming the Bench
    According to the website the number is above 37k now, which appears to put it ahead of the same time last year...

Tippo's retirement probably got a few more memberships over the line
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

40,002. We are 2/3rds of the way to 60,000. Can we do it this year?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    40,002. We are 2/3rds of the way to 60,000. Can we do it this year?
    Thanks for the regular updates Yvonne. Where do you get your figures from? I've quickly scanned the Swans website and can't find them there.

I should be used to our elevated membership numbers by now but as an old South Melbourne supporter, I''m still amazed - and thankful! - that we're attracting such big numbers!

For comparison purposes, can anyone tell me what would be considered to be good membership numbers for Sydney based NRL teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Thanks for the regular updates Yvonne. Where do you get your figures from? I've quickly scanned the Swans website and can't find them there.

I should be used to our elevated membership numbers by now but as an old South Melbourne supporter, I''m still amazed - and thankful! - that we're attracting such big numbers!

For comparison purposes, can anyone tell me what would be considered to be good membership numbers for Sydney based NRL teams?
    Go to the 'membership' tag on the Swans website and scroll down.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast