Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 membership numbers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2018 membership numbers

Will we break through the 60,000 barrier this year? We came close last year. but no cigars.

The number is not yet up on the membership page (like last year).

Would have done it easily last year if not for the 0-6 start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Maybe it will drop due to the shi**y draw for families.....

Warming the Bench
    Regardless of the draw you buy a ticket to support the club.
    I spend over $1000 on membership tickets.
    A family ticket that never gets used as two of the kids live in Thailand, one child lives in Queensland his father is in the army based in Queensland another grandchild's father has split up with our daughter and the weekends that he has him usually coinicides with a Swans game in Melbourne and he won't let him go.
    My wife and I were only able to go to one game this year but still none of this will stop us from buying tickets to support the Swannies even if it means eating nothing but potatoes again for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    A family ticket that never gets used as two of the kids live in Thailand, one child lives in Queensland his father is in the army based in Queensland another grandchild's father has split up with our daughter and the weekends that he has him usually coinicides with a Swans game in Melbourne and he won't let him go.
    My wife and I were only able to go to one game this year but still none of this will stop us from buying tickets to support the Swannies even if it means eating nothing but potatoes again for 2 months.
    You commit to spending $1000 on football admission even if that means you have to eat only potatoes for 2 months?
    Each to their own, but I bet the club wouldn't not want that happening.

I'm assuming that you are using this as a descriptive analogy to demonstrate unwavering support and dedication.
    To me it's just weird.

I know there are a range of people here all at different levels of support.
    Personally I only get to a couple of games a year as
    1. I live in Victoria
    2. I travel a lot.
    I don't buy a membership at all, and in no way does that diminish my role as a Swans fan. I support the team in other ways - merch etc.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    1 more to keep the numbers moving. Signed up my 3yo grandson this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    While I admire your support for the swans I can't help cringe that you, ma and pa battler, are gifting $1000 of your money to a corporate turning over $40 million in revenue.

Support shouldn't be measured in $$.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    While I admire your support for the swans I can't help cringe that you, ma and pa battler, are gifting $1000 of your money to a corporate turning over $40 million in revenue.

Support shouldn't be measured in $$.
    Tend to agree with you there Barry. People have a right to expect value for their 'hard earned' and not everyone is flushed with enough cash to basically 'donate' to a rich corporate entity. I know the draw is not the clubs fault but a lot of people buy a membership to be able to see their team regularly for reasonable outlay and I don't blame Mr and Mrs Average passing on something which does not, in their minds, deliver value....The club is not a charity and most fans are not rich.

After 5 years, before that I lived elsewhere and could not attend games, I have resigned my membership. Too many night games in the middle of winter. I simply can't do winter and winter nights are hell for me. I suffer during the winter due to osteoarthritis and spinal degeneration and am in too much pain at night. I loathe it. Rather be in Thailand and probably will be.

The AFL have stuffed my footy season by programing night games. Why is it that Sydney Swans fans asked for less night games, more day and twilight games but the AFL in their wisdom program almost all night games. Bastards.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    After 5 years, before that I lived elsewhere and could not attend games, I have resigned my membership. Too many night games in the middle of winter. I simply can't do winter and winter nights are hell for me. I suffer during the winter due to osteoarthritis and spinal degeneration and am in too much pain at night. I loathe it. Rather be in Thailand and probably will be.

The AFL have stuffed my footy season by programing night games. Why is it that Sydney Swans fans asked for less night games, more day and twilight games but the AFL in their wisdom program almost all night games. Bastards.
    T.V. Ratings ole chum !!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Putting it bluntly, that's just pathetic. You're a barracker, NOT a supporter. I hardly go to any games each season due to work commitments and the fact that I live in Melbourne but I still fork out money to support my team.

Edit: Pathetic excuse not pathetic.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast