Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Rohan's sad news

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I feel sad for Gary and Amie but also feel that they have the support from each other and their families, not to mention the team, the club and the fans. They will win through.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Did Jared and Clementine know before hand the situation or was it after the birth that they found out? (not that it is any of our business).
    Knowing before hand will be a different situation.
    Not sure which I prefer.

I have 2 healthy children and 10 grandchildren (all of which are healthy) so cannot relate to this situation.
    Yes Jarrad & Clementine knew that their baby had a heart problem before her birth - it had been picked up in a scan. Jarrad talked about this in an interview some months later. But I think from what he said they hoped surgery would repair the damage after she was born which sadly was not the case despite several operations.

A diagnosis of anencephaly tragically can lead to only one outcome. From what Amie and Gary have said they know and have come to accept that, and the inevitable mix of joy and grief the birth of their twins will bring.

Both situations would be heart breaking.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Very sad news being handled with enormous courage by Gary and Amie. Love and best wishes to them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Very sad news being handled with enormous courage by Gary and Amie. Love and best wishes to them both.
    I agree. Their use of instagram on this is an example of social media at its best. There are a large number of supportive and loving comments on both their accounts. These include probably half a dozen from people who have been affected by anencephaly, including mothers who have given birth to babies afflicted with this cruel condition. Their stories are both heartbreaking and uplifting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12