Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rohan's sad news

Gary Rohan's sad news

Gary and his wife are expecting twins in May, but one has an ailment that means he/she will not live long.
    Best wishes to them both.

Senior Player
    Yes I saw that last night too. I'm sure all our thoughts go out to Gary and Amie

Blog Entries
    Never good news to hear there is something wrong with your unborn baby.
    Good on them for speaking about it and seeking help and advice from strangers with similar experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Yes I saw that last night too. I'm sure all our thoughts go out to Gary and Amie
    Saw what? Where?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Saw what? Where?
    Sydney Swans star Gary Rohan's heartbreaking baby announcement

Veterans List
    Very sad news....all the best to Gary, Amie and their surviving twin.

Tragic news. Reminds me of Jarrad & Clemantine McVeigh's loss. I wish them all the very best and hope that the surviving twin remains healthy and bring them joy in their lives. God bless them.

Thanks swansrob. Very sad news broken beautifully by the couple. Kudos to them for showing great compassion and leadership around this. I imagine it will impact not only Rohan but many of the Swans next season. While it may be a distraction from football, it can also help strengthen the bonds between the players (and coaches) as they lean on each other to face larger challenges. My thoughts with any parents facing a similar predicament.

Very sad to hear this news. Thoughts are with Gary, Amie and their family throughout this time and for the rest of her pregnancy too.

Sad news. The situation sounds similar the the McVeighs.

Veterans List
    Honestly, having no choice but to face this head on, Gary and his wife couldn't be at a better club to come out the other side strongly. Our club will wrap their arms around them both, just like they did with the McVeigh's, who I would imagine, will be at the forefront of that support.

Did Jared and Clementine know before hand the situation or was it after the birth that they found out? (not that it is any of our business).
    Knowing before hand will be a different situation.
    Not sure which I prefer.

I have 2 healthy children and 10 grandchildren (all of which are healthy) so cannot relate to this situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast