Thread: Hewett and Papley sign on for 2 more

Hewett and Papley sign on for 2 more

You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Veterans List
    Certainly is great news. One thing that sticks out regarding our club is that young players who join the Swans seem to never get 'homesick' like so many others do. Our recruiters place a lot of emphasis on the 'character' of their players, especially those they're interested in recruiting. I believe this goes a long way to getting players who don't possess the 'play school' factor.....those who might yearn for 'mummy' and their mates at the first setback. Hewitt and Paps fill this brief, extremely glad to have them both. We are a great club!

Blog Entries
    Not the only ones to get a 2 years deal.
    Swans tie down Irishman with two-year deal - AFL.com.au

Can we spell Hewett's name right in the thread title please?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Certainly is great news. One thing that sticks out regarding our club is that young players who join the Swans seem to never get 'homesick' like so many others do. Our recruiters place a lot of emphasis on the 'character' of their players, especially those they're interested in recruiting. I believe this goes a long way to getting players who don't possess the 'play school' factor.....those who might yearn for 'mummy' and their mates at the first setback. Hewitt and Paps fill this brief, extremely glad to have them both. We are a great club!
    You make a very good point. Occasionally, there are players who want to leave us because they're on the fringe at our club and think they'll have more opportunities elsewhere. But we don't often have players wanting to leave us simply because they're unhappy. I think this speaks volumes for how well our club looks after its players - both on-field AND off-field. Yep, we are a great club!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I suspect we also the right people in the right positions. Dennis Carroll looks after these lads a bit and I suspect the more mature players get around them too.

I�m biased but if u are living on the northern beaches or eastern suburbs and ur going for a surf eachday after training with ur team mates........ that�s rockstar stuff when ur getting paid to play for the Swans as well !!!!!