Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2018 Best 22

All comes down matchups vs opposition and how flexible we want to be in our exit transitions

The area we got punished against the Hawks was our exits and same again in the second final

We need more run and carry obviously hence 3 players we went for in the draft styles, Ling and soddart yet the trade off is loosing a player like macca who receives the short pass and then posts up brilliantly for the next play

I’m looking forward to watching Ollie develop and potentially get a spot where jones, lloyd, Ollie and mills rotate thru the HBF

Ollie is so composed and has shown minimal in Snrs in comparison to what he looks like at training

He had a runwithrole in 2017

Let’s see what happens in 2018

Noteable ommiasion also is a player the coaches seem to like to include in our 22 for balance / matchups

Harry Cunningham

What’s everyone’s thoughts re Cunningham?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Noteable ommiasion also is a player the coaches seem to like to include in our 22 for balance / matchups

Harry Cunningham

What’s everyone’s thoughts re Cunningham?
    Still young, Can be very quick and last year learnt your to take. As much as I love Rohan being in our team I would put Harry in ahead of him, I think he is better fwd than back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Still young, Can be very quick and last year learnt your to take. As much as I love Rohan being in our team I would put Harry in ahead of him, I think he is better fwd than back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't have Cunningham anywhere near Rohan. I think Cunningham has the tools to be a decent AFL player but he's stagnated a bit over the last couple of seasons. He has taken a few impressive grabs in his time but with nowhere like the frequency of Rohan - to be expected, given he's a fair bit shorter.

I think he's a good player to be in that 23rd-28th group on the list. You wouldn't particularly worry if he were in the team for a given game. But, unless something suddenly clicks with him, if he is in our best 22 this season, I don't think the team will have progressed as much as we hope it might. Marsh and Robinson are another couple in this category - competent and good depth but not able to really impose themselves on games, or even periods of games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234