Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #37

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Will #37 be in play this year or is it still 'on holiday'? That is the question.
    Who will get what number?

One of our new recruits (can't remember which one) seemed to play in #30 on his highlights reel. That number is vacant so will he take that.

I have a feeling 37 will be away for a while until there is maybe a new indigenous player at the club

This thread has reminded me just how upset I still am at the way Goodesie left the game. Travesty.

I agree No.37 should remain vacant until an appropriate player can be found to wear it. An indigenous players seems about right.

In the meantime, No.37 should be our protest number. Our "up-yours to the establishment" number.

I'd love to see a big red and white banner in the cheer squad crowd being held aloft or waved furiously during games. Something along the lines of: "No.37 - Never Forgive Never Forget".

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    This thread has reminded me just how upset I still am at the way Goodesie left the game. Travesty.

I agree No.37 should remain vacant until an appropriate player can be found to wear it. An indigenous players seems about right.

In the meantime, No.37 should be our protest number. Our "up-yours to the establishment" number.

I'd love to see a big red and white banner in the cheer squad crowd being held aloft or waved furiously during games. Something along the lines of: "No.37 - Never Forgive Never Forget".
    Here's some suggestions (all relevant but not all serious): "No. 37 - Up Your's Gil!"...."No. 37 - Piss off Eddie!"...."No. 37 - Warnie's Tweet started it"...."No. 37 - More Honour than the Entire League"...."No. 37 - Australian of Any Year"...."No. 37 - Micky O's best mate"...."No. 37 - Swans Fans Will Love You Forever!"

Senior Player
    This thread has reminded me just how upset I still am at the way Goodesie left the game
    I had that thought recently. Made myself feel better by visiting the excellent GO Foundation website and donating a few $.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I had that thought recently. Made myself feel better by visiting the excellent GO Foundation website and donating a few $.
    Excellent idea Neil. I too remain extremely upset and depressed about the way Adam was treated. So I have just followed your example and donated to the GO Foundation.

Great ideas all. I miss Goodsey.

In terms of Indigenous recruits, I seem to recall reading that Bell is an Indigenous man.

Also curious about Joel Amartey's background. Does anyone know?

Goes up to 11
    I think ideas of using Goodsey's number as a tool for us to send an 'up yours' to those responsible for the terrible treatment he received would be in poor form and would only take further focus off his great achievements both on and off the field. How about we just leave it alone?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think ideas of using Goodsey's number as a tool for us to send an 'up yours' to those responsible for the terrible treatment he received would be in poor form and would only take further focus off his great achievements both on and off the field. How about we just leave it alone?
    Totally agree. I couldn't see Goodesy liking the use of his number for anything other than 'good'

Whilst we're talking numbers, can someone take no.1 off Rose and give it to someone else?

Will do the same. I think Jono and Yvonne are right. I don't think Adam would condone using his old number as a protest, so perhaps not my brightest contribution.

I still won't forgive or forget though. To this day, it still truly amazes me that most people who don't follow the Swans continue to dis' the great man as being over-rated, loud-mouth, bully, soft, stager, brought it on himself etc.

Veteran Site Admin
    Will do the same. I think Jono and Yvonne are right. I don't think Adam would condone using his old number as a protest, so perhaps not my brightest contribution.

I still won't forgive or forget though. To this day, it still truly amazes me that most people who don't follow the Swans continue to dis' the great man as being over-rated, loud-mouth, bully, soft, stager, brought it on himself etc.
    I don't think the bolded part is true. I certainly hope it isn't.

Some people, sure. Some very vocal (and loud) people. But I don't believe they represent the majority, or even a very large minority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast