Page 105 of 418 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Heard Jack Steven was offered up when talking about Shiel to Saints
    Would take him in a heartbeat for Hannas, maybe upset aboit not being captain ???

Surely Hannas is
    Hannas plus Pick 14 for Pick 4 and 2nd Round pick to cover Blakey
    The Saints don't currently have a 2018 second round draft pick.

I hope none of the below is read out of context (I just didn’t want a huge slab of duplicated text).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But why should he now want to move back?
    I don’t think there is a problem with whatever decision a player decides to make. That is the commercial reality of a professional competition. Brisbane can hold him to the terms of their contract, but I don’t think either party is owed anything over that.

If that's the case, the National Competition is in a bit of strife.
    I don’t think that is any more true now than at any other time. A club needs to offer an environment that will entice as many players to want to be there. That won’t work for every player, at every club, at any given time, but that’s okay.

There are swings and roundabouts with this sort of thing.

There are myriad reasons that players want to move clubs - and, at the end of the day, would a club even want to keep someone if they did not want to stay?

IF Mitch McGovern could be convinced to come to Sydney, I think we should definitely put a play in for him. Maybe we should send Marty Mattner around to chat to him about the benefits of leaving Adelaide for Sydney, including winning a premiership!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    IF Mitch McGovern could be convinced to come to Sydney, I think we should definitely put a play in for him. Maybe we should send Marty Mattner around to chat to him about the benefits of leaving Adelaide for Sydney, including winning a premiership!
    Or tug on the heartstrings of a father/son nostalgic move?

I see that McGovern has just asked for a trade from Adelaide even though he still has 2 years left on his contract. Crows say will only trade if get a reasonable deal. This could be what occurs with Hanners too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Really? This bloke signed a three year contract with the Crows last year, and now he wants out after only one year. Who is to say he won't
    suddenly remember his brother is playing in Perth, or his third cousin is playing in Melbourne and want to go there fifteen minutes after he
    signed with us. If you don't think you can stick to the terms of a contract, then don't sign it.

He cracked it with the Crows because they told there was no more money for his contract, THEN they signed Bryce Gibbs. I think that’s fair enough

For all you Naisayers, I see the Crayfish has just signed on for 3 more years.

Word out of Adelaide is Cam Ellis-Yolman linked to Sydney. Silly season indeed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Word out of Adelaide is Cam Ellis-Yolman linked to Sydney. Silly season indeed
    I hope not, a NEAFL player at best, gets a caning on the Crows BF board.

Naismith signed on for three more years, probably a modest contract but shows he's still in the coaching staff's plans.

Veterans List
    The Saints don't currently have a 2018 second round draft pick.
    Looked at them yesterday, after Lynch compo, PPs and Gaff compo they have pick 4 then their next pick is in the early/mid 60s. Freo has pick 6 then nothing until about pick 80!

If we can't trade for a pick before the Blakey pick, I wonder if we'd do our first to Carlton to use on McGovern for their two picks in the 20s which will give us more points and maybe preserve our picks in the 30s from being downgraded. Lots of permutations with pick trading this year. Oh, unless we have to trade for Darcy Moore?

On the veteran's list
    Sam McClure saying on SEN this morning that the Saints are after a priority pick at the end of round 1 of the draft which they will try to use to get Hannebery as they are not willing to let go of their pick 4. (they have got to be dreaming!!!!)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.