Page 157 of 418 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,873 to 1,884 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

The main knock on Shiel is his kicking going at below 70% disposal efficiency. However, I think he’s a cracking player who would only add to our side. The question would be in regards to $.

Personally, I’d prefer to target Acres as a cheaper, yet to reach potential player. Hanners for Acres and a future 3rd would be brilliant.

Callum Twoomey on Future Stars saying that the Hannebery is effectively a done deal. Will involve a future second round pick. It's looking less likely that we'll get an exchange of first rounders 😩

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Callum Twoomey on Future Stars saying that the Hannebery is effectively a done deal. Will involve a future second round pick. It's looking less likely that we'll get an exchange of first rounders 😩
    Saints future second should be low 20s, if you have to sell (cap pressure) then you take what you can get I suppose. I never thought pick 4/5 was ever really in the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Think that indicates what the Swans think he's worth. I do hope that doesn't mean we are paying part of his salary too?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Think that indicates what the Swans think he's worth. I do hope that doesn't mean we are paying part of his salary too?
    If we are only getting a future second round pick and that's that, then I'll be furious if we are paying his salary too.

Maybe we might convince them to do some later pick swaps this year to go with the future 2nd rounder.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Wonder when all of the posters on page 50 of this thread are going to apologise to Damian Barrett after slandering him over his Hanners rumour on Sliding Doors.

Easy for people to smash someone, how easy is it for them to admit they were wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Most of Sliding Doors is just banal crap. Sometimes he throws a comment in that he maybe thinks is provocative, like this one, but I can’t recall him ever saying anything genuinely interesting.
    I thought his Hanners prediction was interesting and, as it turns out, to be spot on.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Captain;761830]Wonder when all of the posters on page 50 of this thread are going to apologise to Damian Barrett after slandering him over his Hanners rumour on Sliding Doors.

Easy for people to smash someone, how easy is it for them to admit they were wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought his Hanners prediction was interesting and, as it turns out, to be spot on.[/QUOTE

When you write a mountain of rubbish and rumour, you are bound to get something right every now and again.

I really hope we can get Blakey just from our non first round picks. If we can't sign a ready made midfielder from another club, I would even go as far as saying to consider not using pick 12 (or whatever it ends up being) on Blakey and instead aim for a ready made midfielder who is likely to be in our best 22 round 1 2019. History shows that the draftees who make the most impact are the midfielders (Oliver, Cripps, Bont) and history is littered with high pick key position players who are either washed up in no time (think Schache, Paddy McCartain, Tom Boyd) or still struggling to make a meaningful week in, week out impact, often because of injury. I know there is some suggestion that Blakey can play in the midfield, but it would appear more likely that he will play forward, where we already have a good number of tall marking players (plus maybe Darcy Moore). As well, his injury history is already a concern, having missed big chunks of 2018. Imagine if he is keeping Reid and Moore company in the rehab group!

It's unheard of for the Swans to play a first year player in the midfield. And there are a number of experienced players - Mills and Jones in particular - knocking the door down. The standard pattern at the Swans is to play a new draftee up forward or down back and then gradually transition them into the midfield.

I don't think there's any question we won't draft Blakey. Callum Twomey has him as one of the "Super 7". He would seem well suited to follow the Swans pattern. And I do believe (others will know more) he has qualities that mean he could become a permanent, if very tall, midfielder.

If we want a "ready made midfielder" I think it will have to come from another club. We definitely need one or two. I think we have our eye on someone. Just waiting to hear who.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Wonder when all of the posters on page 50 of this thread are going to apologise to Damian Barrett after slandering him over his Hanners rumour on Sliding Doors.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought his Hanners prediction was interesting and, as it turns out, to be spot on.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I don’t think Blakey would come out and say he is nominating the Swans without some sort of discussion that the Swans will take him with their first pick

I would so love a real midfielder with our first pick but oh well

Blakey Will be our pick and he may be a gun...... but that is down the track I feel with his build ....... Gunston probably a similar build and height and running engine took a a few seasons to really get going in one of the best teams of all time

I don’t see much so far but to be fair he has been injured a lot last two seasons and growing pains etc

An apology to Damo. Comical.