Page 17 of 418 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

The loss of Mitchell has been disastrous with the benefit of hindsight but at the time we had little choice given our salary cap issues. Moreover he has improved further since going to the Hawks. Could that have been predicted? I recall during the trade talk when he was swapped to the Hawks for No. 14 pick most �experts� seemed to think that it was a fair deal for both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    The loss of Mitchell has been disastrous with the benefit of hindsight but at the time we had little choice given our salary cap issues. Moreover he has improved further since going to the Hawks. Could that have been predicted? I recall during the trade talk when he was swapped to the Hawks for No. 14 pick most �experts� seemed to think that it was a fair deal for both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully clubs are learning to tag him out of the game ... though 19 touches is still ok for a really crap game

Veterans List
    Losing Nankervis was about the biggest one.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Losing Nankervis was about the biggest one.
    Yesterday, Nankervis 19 hit outs, Max Gawn ............. 56!

Please stop this wringing hands over who we've traded out, they're gone, kaput, not on our list. Hindsight is the most expensive commodity in the world, if it could be sold.

Despite getting SMASHED in the ruck contests, Richmond smashed the Dees so rucks aren't that important, clever mids are.

Given our gaping hole in the tall forward / ruck department and the fact that they take time to develop, you can't just draft them, we'll have to be players in the trade and free agency market for at the very least one forward who can ruck or ruck who can actually play forward.

I don't know if any of these players are suitable, available, interested, affordable? Or if there are contracted players we should be going after. Brodie Grundy would be a handy addition (in my dreams).

Restricted
    Tom Lynch (Gold Coast); Tom McDonald (Melbourne); Scott Lycett (West Coast); Jeremy McGovern (West Coast); Jordan Roughead (Western Bulldogs)

Unrestricted
    Ben Reid (Collingwood), Tom Bellchambers (Essendon), Ryan Schoenmakers (Hawthorn)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Yesterday, Nankervis 19 hit outs, Max Gawn ............. 56!

Please stop this wringing hands over who we've traded out, they're gone, kaput, not on our list. Hindsight is the most expensive commodity in the world, if it could be sold.

Despite getting SMASHED in the ruck contests, Richmond smashed the Dees so rucks aren't that important, clever mids are.
    +1

Toby got pantsed by Jacobs in GF and was pantsed by Gawn last night. Tigers won both times because of other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mitchell is only a year younger than Parker so not sure why the doom about retiring midfielders.

In 3-5 years time Heeney, Mills etc will be the mainstay of our midfield.
    Parker - 25
    Hewett - 22
    Heeney - 21
    Mills - 21
    Papley - 21

Though he hasn't played - Dawson - 21

And James Bell - 19, because why not.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the Rookie List
    A piece in the printed edition of Wednesday's Age talked about likely draftees this year...paraphrasing what it said about Nick Blakey:
    - Kicked 7 goals among 20 disposals against GWS academy recently
    - Most recruiters believe he will nominate the Swans rather than the Brisbane or North.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    A piece in the printed edition of Wednesday's Age talked about likely draftees this year...paraphrasing what it said about Nick Blakey:
    - Most recruiters believe he will nominate the Swans rather than the Brisbane or North.
    One can hope, but let's wait and see what the AFL comes up with to make it hard for us (very cynical of me I know).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    One can hope, but let's wait and see what Eddie's VFL comes up with to make it hard for us (very cynical of me I know).
    Edited for correctness :-)

Senior Player
    With our current run of injuries and perceived lack of scoring options is there a place for James Rose ? I haven�t seen his name offered up anywhere or is he just not a viable option ? I seem to remember he had a promising debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    His age profile is perfect for the Swans. As Buddy goes out he will come in.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.