Page 184 of 418 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,197 to 2,208 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It comes down to balance.
    I certainly agree with this, Liz. It's just determining where to put the fulcrum. Balance is also the word that comes into my mind when I think about the direction of the team.

We will agree that the game is changing and becoming faster and being played under more pressure. This trend is not likely to change. We will not be going back to a slower game. There is a shift in favour of having more players able to get to a contest, as well as more contests, rather than players who are better at winning the ball once at a contest. This is saying more or less the same thing as the first sentence, i.e. that the game is favouring quicker and harder runners.

Melbourne and Collingwood were the best contested possession teams in the comp. They both have a lot of depth in their midfields. They are both hard running and have contested ball winners in positions all over the ground. It's also no coincidence that they have the best ruckmen in the comp, and that's probably where most of the differential is coming from. It doesn't matter for them if the game is played on the inside or the outside, because they have both areas covered. Maybe with Champion Data, which I don't subscribe to, a deeper analysis can be made. I doubt that having more onballers will help much if we're getting beaten badly at stoppages because of ruck contests. Keeping Nankervis, as we saw tonight, would not be a solution.

In the end, we'll have to find our own unique formula for winning with the developing group of players on our list. The picture is still unclear what that is. The game plan will evolve naturally from the strengths of the players. Our commitment to regenerating the list is too far down the road to change course. We just have to hope that we've chosen the right mix of players to meet the challenges ahead. And also hoping we recruit a couple of quality mature players during the trade period to round things out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Barrett also said that despite Parker saying on Twitter that he is going nowhere, there is still a chance he will end up at Essendon. I hope he is also wrong with this one as well!
    Parker has made him look stupid so he's just going the same line again to make it look like there really was substance to his initial rumour. I'll say it again

Barrett - bottom feeder

From "The Roar":
    Andrew Gaff – There’s some speculation that Sydney have been a late entry into the race for Andrew Gaff as the Swans face the prospect of having money to spend following the impending departure of Dan Hannebery.

Previously it appeared to be a choice between West Coast or North Melbourne for Andrew Gaff, as the Roos have offered a deal reportedly worth $1.2 million per year, significantly more than West Coast’s offer which is believed to be around $900,000.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    From "The Roar":
    Andrew Gaff – There’s some speculation that Sydney have been a late entry into the race for Andrew Gaff as the Swans face the prospect of having money to spend following the impending departure of Dan Hannebery.

Previously it appeared to be a choice between West Coast or North Melbourne for Andrew Gaff, as the Roos have offered a deal reportedly worth $1.2 million per year, significantly more than West Coast’s offer which is believed to be around $900,000.
    A Carlton supporter on BF suggested that he'd actually signed with us (or at least agreed to our offer). I strongly doubt this as West Coke are still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    A Carlton supporter on BF suggested that he'd actually signed with us (or at least agreed to our offer). I strongly doubt this as West Coke are still playing.
    But Gaff's not. Time to deal on his own.

He would be fab and what a coup!

Gaff, random thug to favorite son in 24 hours.

Gaff All Australian highlight reel - YouTube

Left footer running down our left wing to be honest gaffs style of play is a perfect compliment to dropping the ball on buddy’s chest every time

Especially to buddy’s fav spot on the left side of the arc

I have no doubt in my mind gaff was going for a chest strike

Brayshaw was falling away as it happened and it was the most awkward clumsy swing that ended up following thru as brayShaw was falling backwards which meant the punch kept rising up to brayShaws chin

Yes gaff thru the swinging arm
    Yes gaff should cop a big penalty

Personally i am totally confident that if brayShaw had his mouth closed ie jaw locked and wasn’t falling backwards it would have been negligible

If been hit by those swinging arms in afl almost every second game and they rarely rise that high nor do minimal damage except being winded occasionally

The hit by GWS Cameron this season was the most cowardly forearm I have seen in a decade yet Cameron really got off lightly in my opinion and not much media because he is up here in Sydney

Gaff needs Sydney as much as Sydney needs gaff

We need a very composed outside player left footed to set up our forwards

Gaff has never shown this malicious intent ever prior to that clumsy stupid swinging arm

Clean skin prior for 150 odd games and plays every game bar one with the right spirit

I think we all saw his genuine remorse for reckless action and complete shock

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Brayshaw was falling away as it happened and it was the most awkward clumsy swing that ended up following thru as brayShaw was falling backwards which meant the punch kept rising up to brayShaws chin

Personally i am totally confident that if brayShaw had his mouth closed ie jaw locked and wasn’t falling backwards it would have been negligible

If been hit by those swinging arms in afl almost every second game and they rarely rise that high nor do minimal damage except being winded occasionally

The hit by GWS Cameron this season was the most cowardly forearm I have seen in a decade yet Cameron really got off lightly in my opinion and not much media because he is up here in Sydney

Gaff has never shown this malicious intent ever prior to that clumsy stupid swinging arm

Clean skin prior for 150 odd games and plays every game bar one with the right spirit

I heard he needs a new press agent. You should apply AG.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Barrett also said that despite Parker saying on Twitter that he is going nowhere, there is still a chance he will end up at Essendon. I hope he is also wrong with this one as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barratts in denial.....just an attempt to keep himself relevant and 'push his own barrow'......a barrow load of BS!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd September 2018 at 01:48 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

+1 He had never been reported in all of his junior and senior playing days up to this point.....enough said.

Gaff’s manager made an oblique comment this week that money wouldn’t come into his decision.

That made me think North are out of the picture and there is another club offering the same money as WCE.

I think he may be really keen to leave Perth after the punch. Equally keen not to put himself under the spotlight in Melbourne.

Incontrovertible proof he’s coming to Sydney.

Seriously though, it does feel a bit like the Buddy situation.

The removal of Hanners and Rohan smells like a calculated move to free up space to land a big fish. Done with relative subtlety.

Or am I jumping at shadows?

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. I don’t think he’s a thug either
    P.p.s Moore is the designated decoy