Page 187 of 418 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,233 to 2,244 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Can west coast really afford to pay as much as swans for gaff given the quality and depth they have on their list

i wouldnt pay that much for gaff
    you would pay heaps for neale cos he is 30 possessions with or without a tag but he only comes via trade so he isnt coming either

moore is the big recruit and wont be as cheap as everyone thinks

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I am sure that North's offer is worth a lot more money. Why wouldn't he go there seeing that his family is in Melbourne. No brainer, I don't think he is going to the Swans.
    Why would anyone go to North and play in half empty stadiums and have to watch your coach hyperventilating every time you looked up at the box.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I am sure that North's offer is worth a lot more money. Why wouldn't he go there seeing that his family is in Melbourne. No brainer, I don't think he is going to the Swans.
    Maybe he’s going to another Melbourne club like Hawthorn

Veterans List
    Only reason Gaff chooses us is the anonymity of playing in Sydney, particularly after you've king hit a kid. Couldn't leave his front door in Melbourne without being recognised and copping "clever" remarks. Can fly hourly to and from Melbourne if needed, can't do that from Perth.

Gaff ticks a lot of boxes for us if we are in the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There are several things that don't make sense about a Gaff recruitment.
    • Why would he go to the Swans when he already has a good deal on the table from WC, reported to be 900k. Why not just stay at WC if you're not going home.
    • We are unlikely to offer any more money than WCE, except perhaps a very long contract, like 7 years.
    • It's hard to know what the attraction is.
    • As a RFA, WC could match the offer from a club that was offering around the same compo package as they were. The AFL compo pick to WC will be around pick 20, not so good for such a player.

But there is one that does click:

The Swans approached Hannebery some time ago about the possibility of moving to another club, so this move has been in the works probably from mid-season. As a free agent, Gaff was effectively known to be available for the entire year, so there was plenty of time to lay the groundwork for a deal of this magnitude, i.e. clearing the cap space with the Hannebery trade at an early date so negotiations could go ahead for Gaff. There's no trade required, so no need to negotiate with the club. All the other possible players, especially Wingard, all being contracted, would have been unknown or uncertain to move mid-season, when I suspect a lot of this planning took place. It would seem unlikely that we would go so far as pushing Hanners out the door when the other side of the equation was so uncertain, as all would have to be negotiated with the club, as to both the releasing of the player from his commitment to the club and the compensation required in return.

Hard to get a read on it. There are some missing pieces to this puzzle.
    Not saying he is going to Sydney, but if he stays at West Coast, there will be nothing but constant reminders and discussion about "the incident". If he goes elsewhere (other than Fremantle), it's discussed ad nauseum the game he returns and then it fades away...

Regular in the Side
    wih LLoyd locked in and newman maybe off to nth who else to go. What is happening with Robinson, Foote ,Rose, Towers assuming Rohan gone.

Will they wait until after the Club Champion dinner to tell those who will be delisted?

I think gaff is very important for Sydney

We really don’t have that top5 type of winger that is extremely adept at making great entry passes to our forward line

Gaffs strength is the over lap run and very accurate high quality kicks to the forwards

He is a very good decision maker and being left footed he has the easier entry pass to buddy’s fav spot near the arc over on the left

Gaff and buddy working together on the left would be fairly dangerous

Gaff is a long way ahead of shiels when it comes to serious quality forward entry kicks

Gaff is a long way ahead of any of our players also re quality forward entries that give us a better chance of getting 6points

Apparently the Aints will be selecting Max King with their pick 3. He's been doing his knee rehab under their supervision. Zero chance of us get a swap of picks with them.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Apparently the Aints will be selecting Max King with their pick 3. He's been doing his knee rehab under their supervision. Zero chance of us get a swap of picks with them.
    They won't if Gold Coast pick him first (with their pick 3) - Saints' first is likely to be number 4.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They won't if Gold Coast pick him first (with their pick 3) - Saints' first is likely to be number 4.
    I thought the Saints were "definitely" using their pick 5 (!?!?) on Dylan Shiel.