Page 197 of 418 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,353 to 2,364 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I thought Newman asked for a trade?
    Match committee don't rate him would be why he is looking elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Bwa ha ha ha ha ha.
    I'm a legend in my lunchtime!!
    Why post complete BS???

Maybe this question has been answered already but I'll ask why haven't the Swans delistings been made public? Many clubs have done , even those in last weeks games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Maybe this question has been answered already but I'll ask why haven't the Swans delistings been made public? Many clubs have done , even those in last weeks games!!!
    It isn't public yet.

Someone suggested they were waiting until after the Bob Skilton medal on October 5. Either that or Tom Harley hasn't got round to telling us yet.

Hanners update: Category: | Herald Sun

SYDNEY Swans football chief Tom Harley says Dan Hannebery hasn’t been forced out of the club and he expects the midfield star’s requested move to St Kilda to progress without any hiccups...

“We are only talking to St Kilda and St Kilda is where Dan wants to go,” Harley said. “I’d expect something to happen, provided it works for us.”

Harley said the decision to part company was mutual. “It was based on the relationship between John and Dan,” Harley said. "There was a possibility this could happen and both parties understanding each other’s wants and needs were happy to explore them.”

The Saints are unlikely to give up their highly valued pick three for Hannebery and it appears Sydney aren’t asking for it.

Veteran Site Admin
    I suspect there are a few pieces that need to fall into place before the club makes up its mind. We look like seeing a much greater player movement this year, not just with the Swans' list but also other clubs. The quantity of names, including many high profile, quality players, who look to be on the move this year is much higher than we've seen in the past. I won't be surprised if the club waits until after trade week to finalise its list. There are some out of contract players who aren't in the best 22 but who represent decent depth players. The club may not decide how many of these to offer new contracts to until it sees how many list spots are available once trading is complete.

And while there are probably some players whose futures are already determined by the club, they may prefer to wait and announce all delistings at the same time, rather than announce them piecemeal.

Kurt Heatherley from the Hawks could be worth a rookie spot. He'll be 24 when next year starts and is still new to the game. Does anyone know much about his game?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hanners update: Category: | Herald Sun

SYDNEY Swans football chief Tom Harley says Dan Hannebery hasn’t been forced out of the club and he expects the midfield star’s requested move to St Kilda to progress without any hiccups...

“We are only talking to St Kilda and St Kilda is where Dan wants to go,” Harley said. “I’d expect something to happen, provided it works for us.”

Harley said the decision to part company was mutual. “It was based on the relationship between John and Dan,” Harley said. "There was a possibility this could happen and both parties understanding each other’s wants and needs were happy to explore them.”

The Saints are unlikely to give up their highly valued pick three for Hannebery and it appears Sydney aren’t asking for it.
    Does the article say who Harley was talking to? E.g. SEN etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansman79 View Post
    Why post complete BS???
    It's not BS.
    If you knew me, you'd say it were true.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansman79 View Post
    Why post complete BS???
    For fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Does the article say who Harley was talking to? E.g. SEN etc.
    Article is written by Neil Cordy in the Tele, so he may have spoken to Tom