Page 234 of 418 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,797 to 2,808 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Yeah I think GWS have to offload either scully or sheil.
    I think Scully wants to go back to Melbourne if they don’t offload enough $ with Shiel, Lobb etc

Senior Player
    Do GWS still have the COLA? Or was it phased out when it was with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    North are in to everybody and everything.
    More enthused than a drunk Aussie in a Bangkok nightclub.
    North could end up getting Polec, Hall, Gaff, Finlayson & Newman. Will Gill worry they are getting everyone & impose trade ban on them?

North are also supposedly the front runner snaring Josh Kelly next season. Will they still have the cap space to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Dropped, well ahead of time too based on the Vic media hype that they would win all premierships between 2016 to 2026.
    Gill, our man of steel, folded like a cheap Bunnings camping chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    North could end up getting Polec, Hall, Gaff, Finlayson & Newman. Will Gill worry they are getting everyone & impose trade ban on them?
    Have you missed norfs great recruiting over the last few years. Lots of talk, no walk.

Senior Player
    Scully contracted for $500k for the next 2 seasons with GWS trying to clear space

We should be all over that, perfect (and cheaper) replacement for Hanners

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Scully contracted for $500k for the next 2 seasons with GWS trying to clear space

We should be all over that, perfect (and cheaper) replacement for Hanners
    He's going to go back to Melbourne if he leaves.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...04-p507tt.html

There is an outside chance the contracted Tom Scully could return to Victoria. Scully is contracted and happy in Sydney but has personal reasons to be open to a move if it suited GWS. He would probably only go if neither Shiel nor Lobb went so it is fairly speculative at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Following up on Barry, COLA has officially been dropped but according to this article from Caroline Wilson at the time, GWS were still going to receive an additional $1million to their salary cap from the AFL.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...520-zrj5l.html

I wonder if that $1 million allowance is also about to expire which is causing them their current cap issue?

Without wanting to hijack this thread, i also recall Gill saying our trade ban was part of the phasing out of COLA. If so, why wasn't GWS hit with a trade ban with their COLA phase out?

AFL's(Gill) wishy washy answers surrounding our trade ban & cola never made sense. It still riles me to this day.

Swans footy boss confirms talks with trio of trade targets

Sydney footy boss Tom Harley has provided an update on a trio of players who are reported targets of the Swans in the upcoming trade period.

Aaron vandenBerg (Melbourne):

“We were made aware of that, and it’s not often being a Sydney club that you get the go-home factor coming your way.”
    Last edited by liz; 5th October 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Please don't repost in full content from another site. Just a paragraph or two, plus a link, is fine

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Following up on Barry, COLA has officially been dropped but according to this article from Caroline Wilson at the time, GWS were still going to receive an additional $1million to their salary cap from the AFL.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...520-zrj5l.html

I wonder if that $1 million allowance is also about to expire which is causing them their current cap issue?

Without wanting to hijack this thread, i also recall Gill saying our trade ban was part of the phasing out of COLA. If so, why wasn't GWS hit with a trade ban with their COLA phase out?

AFL's(Gill) wishy washy answers surrounding our trade ban & cola never made sense. It still riles me to this day.
    This is a more recent article:
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...06-grwmi8.html

Says all clubs have same salary cap at 2017. GWS's problems was that they signed players before the rules were changed.
    As usual, Eddie was very helpful and suggested the giants need to sit out the 2017/18 trade periods (another trade ban for northern clubs).

You cant underestimate how destructive those melbourne @@@@@s are.

Says all clubs have same salary cap at 2017. GWS's problems was that they signed players before the rules were changed.
    As usual, Eddie was very helpful and suggested the giants need to sit out the 2017/18 trade periods (another trade ban for northern clubs).

Thanks for clearing that up Barry.

Senior Player

This is why I revelled in seeing McGuire cop stick as he walked past me after the game last Saturday. Karma bus still has heaps of petrol in the tank as far as he's concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Harley also quashed rumours of the club making moves for Gold Coast defender Steven May and GWS midfielder Dylan Shiel.
    Bugger!!! Particulaly with Shiel. Has Harley quashed Gaff as well?