Page 279 of 418 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 3,337 to 3,348 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Swans get bend over in the Hanners trade. Effectively we get a third rounder.
    Crap trade. Only reason is salary cap.

Regular in the Side
    Saints; Hey swans bend over and take a deep breath..hanners and pick 28 for pick 39 and next years 2nd...seriously....
    i usually have trust in our list team...but that is just ridiculous... We would ahve been better giving up players as free agents and getting compo picks

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Swans get bend over in the Hanners trade. Effectively we get a third rounder.
    Not a great outcome, but I feel its as much about getting his salary off the books as anything else... would have been nice to get something closer to his true value.

We do seem to be soft negotiators at the trade table however.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Wtf?? Should have said no and kept him. Watch him regain his form next year..

The Hanners deal just shows how desperate we were to trade him out. I thought we would have gotten a little more than that!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Wow, thats a terrible, terrible trade for Hanners. Especially after Shiel nominated Essendon. Take out pick 28 and maybe it about right.

Thats a horrific trade when Saints are also extending his contract.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Mind boggling. Hope he goes well at the Saints and racks up a few decent performances.

Regular in the Side
    Future 2nd rounder would have been a very bad trade but to downgrade 28 to 39 as well ??? Swans have been totally reamed on this trade. We must be in a desperate state with our salary cap.

The kind of trade that needs to be explained....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Saints; Hey swans bend over and take a deep breath..hanners and pick 28 for pick 39 and next years 2nd...seriously....
    i usually have trust in our list team...but that is just ridiculous... We would ahve been better giving up players as free agents and getting compo picks
    Just hoping we are freeing up cap space for Kelly or someone big.

Why give them a our second round pick, why not a pick in the 30s???

Seriously are beginning to doubt our traders; everyone seems to get two first round picks, Mitchell we only get one??
    doof-doof

Can't understand this trade. If a 3rd rounder was all that was on offer we should of kept him. His salary certainly isn't an issue given the

low profile players we bringing in. I hope there is something in the pipeline to make this all seem reasonable.

As it stands now this was a ridiculously one sided trade. Not a good look for Harley's negotiating skills.

Look forward top hearing how he sells this disappointing outcome to us all.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That's Burton agreeing to a trade because it's back home to Adelaide, won't want to come to us nor would Hawks release him. He's only on the table because they want Wingard
    Port asked for him, but there are not too many Adelaide players who go back, Gibbs being an exception which proves the rule.

If Port got our second round next year and the Hawk first round this year, they may reconsider.

I just consider Burton a real star in the making, better than his draft position.

Out drafting is far too conservative and in the case of Hannas, garbage!
    doof-doof