Page 282 of 418 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 3,373 to 3,384 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Without doubt

But gws, new look hawks, bombers, north, melb all improving

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    To me, and this is just wild speculation, such a poor trade hints at something more than just poor form and cap relief ... poor off field performance too????

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Regardless of the reason for the trade or how desperate we were, it's a terrible trade. Fair trades are supposed to result in a win win or at least close to it. Harley must be a terrible negotiator.
    I hear the Saints had to throw in a dozen rolls of strapping tape, a box of liniment oil and 6 water bottles to get the deal over the line.

here is hoping saints knew what we are upto by way of langdon or may (wishful) and knew they had us over a barrell

hoping the salary was cleared for more than what it appears

just a note of front ending players
    Beams is case in point
    Heavily front ended and now wants to go home
    2 yrs to run on average money
    that is the risk of front ending players

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    I hear the Saints had to throw in a dozen rolls of strapping tape, a box of liniment oil and 6 water bottles to get the deal over the line.
    Nah, they need it more than we do.. They will go through more than that every game just on Hannas..

Senior Player
    Analysis of the Hannebery trade. They conclude that his form the past 2 seasons was so poor, coupled with age, that the trade is fair.

Hannebery goes from Kings Cross to St Kilda – HPN

So glass half full

We potentially get Langdon, Ryan clarke , and maybe a significant player or two plus Blakey maybe a pick 8 draft........ Langdon and clarke straight into 22

We let go of Tippo, hannes, Rohan, towers, and Newman all are not 22 players next year anyway unless hannes made a tremendous change in form

Langdon maybe has agreed to terms with the swans and will most likely be pick 26

We can finally release mills and jones full time in the midfield rotation and add running machine Ryan clarke ready to fire after 50AFL games which is a significant change

In essence we get an early to mid 20s pick next year for the hannes trade and free up serious $ that might not be used at all next year

Points not that much different this year swapping 28 for 39 ie 200pts loss but up total 400pts to sure up Blakey and still trade other pick or two
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 12th October 2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Still a good side

Allir Melican Cunningham

McVeigh Rampe LLoyd

Naismith Parker Hewitt
    Kennady Heeney Jones

Blakey Buddy Reid
    Papley Sinclair Ronke

Bench
    Mills Hayward Clarke Mcartin

Emergancy
    Dawson Jack Grundy Cameron Smith
    Smith won't be dropped, and you'd think Florent would be in the team somewhere as well.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

How will this trade with Saints impact on our ability to protect enough points for Blakey?

Im just pleased he’s gone. That’s a lot of $’s invested in a non performing player. I thought he was horrendous this year and he really lost me with that outburst aimed at Alir, a player trying to develop confidence at the time.
    Every time he touched the ball my heart was in my mouth. He not only turned the ball over again and again but he seemed to have lost his feel for the game. I’m looking to the future with a sense of relief.

I don't understand why we bothered playing Hanners for much of the season when he was in such poor form. Why not give a spot to Dawson or COR instead of letting Hanners display just how far he's fallen off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't understand why we bothered playing Hanners for much of the season when he was in such poor form. Why not give a spot to Dawson or COR instead of letting Hanners display just how far he's fallen off the cliff.
    I guess it was for trade value they had to get him on the park, Saints had to take the salary with him hard to convince to pay 800k if he was running around in the NEAFL.

Cheers

waz