Page 294 of 418 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 3,517 to 3,528 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There are. Saints for one.
    Yes they are keen but he has also apparently expressed an interest to go to a team within the premiership window . That pisses me off too. If you want to go home , don’t dictate the terms too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWS and GC should drop out of the AFL and just play in the NEAFL. Then their players can opt for the draft and make it fair for the remaining clubs in the AFL, not just the high profile Melbourne clubs. GWS and GC were given academies, but in fact, they have themselves become academies for the rest of the league.

Even better, the Swans and Brisbane should also quit the AFL and remake the NEAFL. They can add Tasmania, Canberra, Darwin and another Qld club to form an 8 club league in competition with the AFL. It would have to be better than what we've got now if for no other reason than No GILL and No Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    GWS and GC should drop out of the AFL and just play in the NEAFL. Then their players can opt for the draft and make it fair for the remaining clubs in the AFL, not just the high profile Melbourne clubs. GWS and GC were given academies, but in fact, they have themselves become academies for the rest of the league.

Even better, the Swans and Brisbane should also quit the AFL and remake the NEAFL. They can add Tasmania, Canberra, Darwin and another Qld club to form an 8 club league in competition with the AFL. It would have to be better than what we've got now if for no other reason than No GILL and No Eddie.
    Never happen. These clubs are there to provide dollars and players to the Victorian based clubs.

Give it time n just like Hannebery leaving so will Florent, Parker n several other younger players. The northern clubs will have a constant salary squeeze due to less 3rd party payments thus having to pay a higher contract to retain players.

Next can off the rank to be fought over will be Brisbane as they progress up the ladder. McGuire n co will go hard at their academy.

It still so surprising that so many supporters still live with this delusion it’s a national competition that’s fair & equitable.

Okay. Back to the Fake Entertainment world of the AFL:

Here's an article from Cal Twomey about Ryan Clarke prior to the 2015 draft. Sounds quite good.

9 days to the draft: Meet the hard-working ball magnet Ryan Clarke - AFL.com.au

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yes they are keen but he has also apparently expressed an interest to go to a team within the premiership window . That pisses me off too. If you want to go home , don’t dictate the terms too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair to Scully, that's not what's happening here. He's contracted (at a relatively modest salary in recognition of the large salary they initially enticed him with) and early in the trade piece his manager said he had no desire to go home. It looks like he's been pushed out by the Giants. In those circumstances I think he's more entitled to dictate which club (or clubs) he's willing to join.

Even so, for the Giants to accept such a low trade return (assuming the whispers are correct - always dangerous to do) suggests there may be some ongoing concern with his ankles.

I hope the Swans have at least made enquiries with his manager (ankles permitting). He's currently in Sydney and seemed settled. And add him to our list and we'd be as close to premiership contention as the Dorks are. (Indeed, while they are building their midfield nicely, I wonder what they'll do when Roughead retires. I know he's the same draft year and age as Franklin, but Franklin currently looks like he has a lot more footy left in him than Roughead does. The Hawks were one of the clubs who fancied their chances with Tom Lynch but that boat has now sailed for them. They don't have the trade currency to have a go at Hogan, given the Dees seem prepared to lose him for the right price - that's assuming Hogan might think about moving to another Melbourne club now that Freo have gone a bit cold.)

The fact that the Hanners trade went ahead suggests to be that the Swans have been told that Langdon probably won't choose to come to us. In which case, we must have room in our cap for a Scully, especially if he's willing to cross clubs at a similar kind of wage that he's currently on.

FFS! We've missed on Langdon now so that Hannabery deal looks even worse considering we were probably hoping to land a decent player...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    FFS! We've missed on Langdon now so that Hannabery deal looks even worse considering we were probably hoping to land a decent player...

Where did you hear that.

Seems our days as a "Destination club" may be numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

But how could you guarantee that Eddie or Gill can't join the new super-neafl?

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Where did you hear that.
    Tom Morris reporting on foxfootylive.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Seems our days as a "Destination club" may be numbered.
    Yep. Bitterly disappointing... now I know how North Melbourne supporters feel... but at least they are getting a bit of quality in this trade period...

Senior Player
    Let's wait until the period ends first, eh? We've evidently got a bit of cap space; if it's not this year it'll be next.