Page 300 of 418 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 3,589 to 3,600 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I have a feeling ( nothing to support it) that we may get involved with Hawthorn and Port to get the Wingard trade done. Maybe shuffling a few picks around and player our way. Probably wrong but just a hunch.

Strategists start your thinking!
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    True, but we've barely traded any players in, whether by choice or because we haven't been able to persuade the target players that they want to join. So there's no evidence of a policy of not trading future picks for players.
    Good points Liz. The trade ban & keeping picks to draft academy players come to mind.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Good points Liz. The trade ban & keeping picks to draft academy players come to mind.
    I don't think the trade ban had much effect as future pick trading didn't come in until after the ban had expired. I think a full salary cap (prior to this year) and an inability to persuade targets that they want to make the move north (this year) are more likely reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    Exactly! We would need to do it after the Blakey selection and in effect we would get two first round selections.

Where I am unsure as to how, when and who live picks can be transacted with.

Ie. can you trade selections at any time, with any team?

If so it is a viable option for both parties and other teams may be similar as you point out.

Pies were my target as they have two players likely to be bid on between 10-30.
    I suspect that other clubs will be able to offer more points than us with pick up 18 probably moved in the next 3 days rather than on draft night.

If the Swans has too many 2018 draft picks would they not try and swap for 2019 picks?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I suspect that other clubs will be able to offer more points than us with pick up 18 probably moved in the next 3 days rather than on draft night.
    You’re almost certainly right.

Be nice if we were able to pull it off though.

Personally, I can't wait for Wednesday night to come and this trade period to be over.

Exhausted 💤

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    we need an explanation for giving sts 28 for hanners. hanners for 39 was bad enough but give them 28 now that Langdon is coming was the worst decision our power brokers have made for ages. To get May will cost us as much as Hanners thought we wanted cap pressure off.
    Run that one by us again, lwj.

We simply need to trade out that pick 26 to anyone who will give us something for it before Wednesday. In order of preference;
    A) a medium-tall defender
    B) pick 26 next year
    C) best available player any position.

As mentioned by everyone else it's a wastes pick to take Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We simply need to trade out that pick 26 to anyone who will give us something for it before Wednesday. In order of preference;
    A) a medium-tall defender
    B) pick 26 next year
    C) best available player any position.

As mentioned by everyone else it's a wastes pick to take Blakey.
    D) Dylan Shiel
    E) Lachie Neale
    F) Tom Scully
    G) Jeremy Finlayson