Page 320 of 418 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 3,829 to 3,840 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Age reporting we're getting Jackson Thurlow from the Cats:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-h16qbe.html
    YAY

This is exactly the type of recruit we should be getting

[QUOTE=sprite;764991]
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds like we have a dickhead policy now

What on RWO?
    That's been in place since day 1
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

[QUOTE=CureTheSane;765001]
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

That's been in place since day 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we should pass on Blakey, take our 4 or 5 2nd round picks to the draft, then get Blakey for a 2nd round pick when he's out of contract in 2 years time. He's been injured a lot, so let another club take the injury risk.
    That’s a joke right?

Getting Jackson Thurlow makes the trade period a resounding success. He's the kind of player who has some real underlying talent, but hasn't been able to show it at Geelong, in part due several injuries. By no way is he a sure thing, but a real chance to be a good player for us. Plays in right position as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah, but he's not a dickhead.
    Tom is a dickhead, as is Stevie J. Has Tom got the "corporate" background experience that Andrew Ireland has?
    I think not.
    I think the exodus of our coaching staff has a lot to do with Tom Harley.
    How good a CEO could Ireland be if he chose Tom Harley as Head of Football? So you're saying the best CEO in the business chose a dickhead to run football operations, but wasn't clever enough to realise that Tom was a dickhead.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a joke right?
    Check out what's happening this year. Not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dew, plus GC can load up on top tier talent with those picks.
    Then they'll go back to Victoria and SA in a couple of years and the process will start again.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Pretty strong stuff,Annie. Anything to support it?
    My gut instinct...
    It makes my guts feel creepy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Getting Jackson Thurlow makes the trade period a resounding success. He's the kind of player who has some real underlying talent, but hasn't been able to show it at Geelong, in part due several injuries.
    Sounds like Grohan 2.0. I don't know much about him but wasn't he one of the players that tore us a new one in the finals last year?

That’s a joke right?

Check out what's happening this year. Not a joke.
    You’d risk a player not coming back?

All of this return to Melbourne ... there are far more clubs for players to return to than just the Swans.

How would Blakey feel if we didn’t match bids (if we reasonably could)? Doesn’t inspire loyalty.

We miss 2 years of development in our system.

Left field thinking ... but you’ve headed so far left you’ve snuck up on my right!

For me, if he’s not over priced, we take him.

On the Rookie List
    Don't mind this trade. Good sized half back with a decent kick. We've heard all week about releasing Mills and Jones into the midfield, hopefully he will be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    My gut instinct...
    It makes my guts feel creepy.
    Have you tried worm tablets?

Harley gets a C- for mine.

Bottom line...Does Gaining Clarke and Thurlow and a future 2nd rounder whilst losing Hannebery and Rohan and this years 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder, improve our list..??

Marginal at best.

The only way this turns out well for the Swans is if the recruiters pick up a couple of gems in the 2nd round of the draft....We won't know the answer to that for some years.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Harley gets a C- for mine.

Bottom line...Does Gaining Clarke and Thurlow and a future 2nd rounder whilst losing Hannebery and Rohan and this years 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder, improve our list..??

Marginal at best.

The only way this turns out well for the Swans is if the recruiters pick up a couple of gems in the 2nd round of the draft....We won't know the answer to that for some years.
    The question is surely whether there's more upside in Clarke and Thurlow than there was in Gazz and Dan? I love them both but think Dan is done and Gazz has an underlying problem in producing with any consistency - even when he knows his role is on the line. So it was increasingly unlikely that either or both of them would get a start in the Swans' Top 22 in 2019.

The bottom line is whether the two new players and Blakey give strength to the team? I'm hoping they do. If so it has been an okay, if not spectacular, trade period.