Page 326 of 418 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,912 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Ludwig, that is tasteless - bordering on offensive. And not even remotely funny. I thought our recruiters have dropped the ball ... you’ve just kicked it out on the full ... backwards into the defencive 50.
    A bit rough on Hanners and Gaz. They would have been happy to stay with us.

I would have thought that the woman symbolises McLaughlin and the children were Beams and Shiels.

Senior Player
    On a football forum? Yes. I am. It’s not a women’s health forum, or a child rearing forum. In my opinion I t’s not necessary, nor particularly relevant.

Every individual can be offended by whatever they personally find offensive. That does it for me.
    Must say I found it confronting, but not offensive.

Ludwig, that is tasteless - bordering on offensive. And not even remotely funny. I thought our recruiters have dropped the ball ... you’ve just kicked it out on the full ... backwards into the defencive 50.
    You'd better stay hidden in your safe space if you're offended by breastfeeding. The only thing offensive about the image is that it's an unattractive, obese woman and not Kate Upton.

Senior Player
    Must say I found it confronting but not offensive.

If your offended by breastfeeding then you'd better stay in your safe space and not venture out to your local shopping centre. The only thing offensive is that it's an obese woman and not Kate Upton.

As far as its accuracy goes, neither Hanners nor Rohan wanted to go home. I would have thought that the woman was McLaughlin and the children were Beams and Shiels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Harley's summation of the trade period seems positive. Had their eyes on Clarke and Thurlow for some time apparently. Interesting that he mentioned getting extra picks for next year as important. Is there an academy kid coming through that we might need points for? How old are the Longmire colts?
    In all honesty, I can’t imagine Harley calling a pressser & saying “well, we buggered that one, sorry”

It’s his job and in his best interests to put a positive spin on a seemingly lacklustre trade period.

But our couple of ins might turn out to be guns, our outs may fail miserably at their new homes, Blakey might slide to a steal pick and the young kids we take in the draft and rookie draft might be guns.

Only the passage of time will judge the success of the 2018 trade period.

Warming the Bench
    Thurlow sounds like another Ted Richards struggled to get a consistent go at Essendon came to us and became a champ lets hope he does the same.
    Also noticed 29 year old Patrick Veszpremi signed with Port Melbourne wow where did those last ten years go.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Great call Boddo from over a month out. I was keen when you mentioned the option and now it has come to fruition I see some great potential upside. After undertaking some comparisons on footywire I think we have done well based on his statistical history. Very unlucky after splitting his kidney a couple of years ago and coming back from that successfully to then need a knee reconstruction. Hopefully that’s the end of his injury woes.
    I don’t have as much interest in AFL as I used to but I come across things every so often as I used to spend a lot of time talking to footy people n that’s how I got talking to Thurlow’s relative.

He’s had a shocking run with injuries but none are soft tissue which is a massive bonus.

Also on the trading for future picks I’d say Sydney are preparing for next years academy picks in Barling & Rayner who will play TAC cup with the academy side next year so will have a lot more exposure and could end up 1st or 2nd round picks.

On a football forum? Yes. I am. It’s not a women’s health forum, or a child rearing forum. In my opinion I t’s not necessary, nor particularly relevant.

Every individual can be offended by whatever they personally find offensive. That does it for me.
    I bet you didn't find it so offensive when your mother was breastfeeding you!!
    Disappointed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Bit rich of anyone to be saying what can or cannot be found offensive. I’ve seen this forum get up in arms about all sorts of things that many wouldn’t find offensive. It’s subjective. Can’t have your cake and eat it too. For the record , it’s play on from me but surely if you respect one persons right to be offended by something , you have to respect everyone’s. That is the world we live in now and if you want to perpetuate that then you can’t pick and choose unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Love that the future career prediction is called PAPLEY in this model on the ABC. It shows Sydney as coming out second best in the long term behind Fremantle in the trade period but going backwards in 2019. It is not all doom and gloom but 2019 might not be a flag year.

Who won and lost the 2018 AFL Trade Period? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Regular in the Side
    Love that the future career prediction is called PAPLEY in this model on the ABC. It shows Sydney as coming out second best in the long term behind Fremantle in the trade period but going backwards in 2019. It is not all doom and gloom but 2019 might not be a flag year.

Who won and lost the 2018 AFL Trade Period? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)