Page 35 of 418 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

How many of us could possibly think that Cal Sinclair might be leading the Bob Skilton medal at this stage?

He doesn�t make too much of a song and dance about it.
    He�s pretty cool .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I don't think that Sinclair is out of contract as I vaguely remember being reported at the time of his trade that he was given a 4 year contract (2016-2019), but I can't find anything online to verify this. My thoughts are if he was out of contract it would have been mentioned in the media by now.
    Was definitely four as many posters were complaining about having to pay a spud for four years and how we lost the Jetta trade! What did Midnight Oil sing? Short memories must have a ..... :-) Sinclair has been huge, credit to him and anyone in the coaching staff responsible for the big lift in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Was definitely four as many posters were complaining about having to pay a spud for four years and how we lost the Jetta trade! What did Midnight Oil sing? Short memories must have a ..... :-) Sinclair has been huge, credit to him and anyone in the coaching staff responsible for the big lift in performance.
    Has Sinkers ruckwork and general play improved considerably since the arrival of Dean Cox? Is he the new genuine ruck-whisperer?

Agreed. I have to admit I never thought of Sinkers as a lead ruck. I thought he was a handy forward with the potential to pinch hit in the ruck, but didn�t think he had the smarts and competitive streak he�s shown this year. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    Agreed. I have to admit I never thought of Sinkers as a lead ruck. I thought he was a handy forward with the potential to pinch hit in the ruck, but didn�t think he had the smarts and competitive streak he�s shown this year. Good on him.
    That's how he came to the Swans.
    As a tall forward with a potential upside and the ability to move to ruck when needed.
    Annoys the hell out of me when commentators express their amazement that he is doing well in the forward line.
    Show how much they know - they see him as a ruck only for some reason.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Has Sinkers ruckwork and general play improved considerably since the arrival of Dean Cox? Is he the new genuine ruck-whisperer?
    Stephen Taubert might be retorting, "Oi...I'm not dead yet!!" if this rumour gets around.

Adding to the Darcy Moore story we now have reports that we are after Jeremy McGovern:
    AFL trade news: Sydney leaps into the race to secure West Coast free agent Jeremy McGovern | Fox Sports

I'm surprised that we can afford to pursue these players, especially McGovern. In any case, it represents a big vote of no confidence for Aliir and Maibaum. If there's any truth to this we can expect Aliir will be out the door at the end of the season. It would seem that the management feel that 2016 was an aberration and Aliir will never reach that level again.

I wonder what will happen with all these KPPs that we are accumulating. I now think that Franklin will go on past his current contract. So what will happen with McCartin, Amartey and Blakely, let alone Aliir, Maibaum and Pink? We seem to have an excess of quality KPPs yet are pursuing new ones. These are not the kind of players who will want to be spending their careers in the reserves waiting for players to retire or get injured.

We seem to be linked with almost every player that is available, but seldom one of these come to fruition. The acquisitions that we do get come out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    We seem to be linked with almost every player that is available, but seldom one of these come to fruition. The acquisitions that we do get come out of the blue.
    Although it�d be nice to have another Father/Son at the Club, it�s not unlikely that McGovern�s manager is using the Swans �interest� to inflate this next contract offer from the Weagles ... or the media trying to hype up a slow news day.

I am sure that McGovern would be a great acquisition but I think that he is most likely to re-sign with the WCE when it comes down to it. I feel we are more likely to pick up Moore from Collingwood than him given DeGoey�s tremendous form yesterday (how good was he?). He will now need to be paid big money to stay putting greater pressure on their salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Mason Cox very good yesterday, Moore getting cheaper as we go on, next years third I reckon???? McGovern won't leave Perth, has a young family I believe