Page 416 of 418 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418 LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,992 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Given that we have had a player retire due to injury but have to leave him on our list, can we replace him as the Hawks can do with Mitchell? I know this is a new rule and I suspect that we can't as KT retired last year but I was just curious.
    I believe we can according to the new rulings, out for season, retirements you can replace. Unless a player really interested us I can't see us adding someone given the squeeze on for best 22 spots.

Veterans List
    Blakey has been given a 2 year contract extension. Shows the confidence we have in him as he hasn't played a game yet.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Blakey has been given a 2 year contract extension. Shows the confidence we have in him as he hasn't played a game yet.
    Seems to be standard practice for our first round picks, Ling also given one last year despite showing very little due to injury

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Contract expires same time as Buddy so we'll be busy in 2022 re-signing those two for further years :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Contract expires same time as Buddy so we'll be busy in 2022 re-signing those two for further years :-)
    Hmmm. I wonder which one will be our priority.

Veterans List
    Buddy will play for free........beer.

Great interview of Ireland here. It sounds like arrival of Heeney and Mills at the same time as Mitchells arrival is probably the reason why we lost him.
    Andrew Ireland reflects on a life in football - AFL.com.au

Senior Player
    Bit of a puff piece talking up the Cats, but interesting to read about how Rohan is going there:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p50vvp.html

"You can see a real connection between Rohan, Dahlhaus and Hawkins. Gary has real leadership around the forward line. The way he [Rohan] plays he can still provide an option pushing up in defensive midfield pressure and with his speed he is still a threat in attack."
    Have to say, I will feel very wistful seeing him take the field this year, especially if he goes well for them, even given his form issues with the Swans in later years.

Regular in the Side
    Asshamed to admit this but I watched a bit of "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" the other night with Shane Crawford reminiscing about his AFL career. He said that back in the 90's he was approached to be captain of Port Adelaide and offered $800k and a KFC franchise as well as the captaincy. He turned it down out of loyalty to his team mates. He said he would have been on $300-$350k at the time. Later in his career he was all set to join Sydney but they won the flag and that was that. That would have been 2005 and I guess that rewarding the players then would have put too much pressure on the salary cap for Sydney too then afford him. Shane is actually a NSW boy who grew up in Finlay. Sydney ended up drafting his brother Justin who later joined Hawthorn. Pity we ended up with the lesser brother.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Asshamed to admit this but I watched a bit of "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" the other night with Shane Crawford reminiscing about his AFL career. He said that back in the 90's he was approached to be captain of Port Adelaide and offered $800k and a KFC franchise as well as the captaincy. He turned it down out of loyalty to his team mates. He said he would have been on $300-$350k at the time. Later in his career he was all set to join Sydney but they won the flag and that was that. That would have been 2005 and I guess that rewarding the players then would have put too much pressure on the salary cap for Sydney too then afford him. Shane is actually a NSW boy who grew up in Finlay. Sydney ended up drafting his brother Justin who later joined Hawthorn. Pity we ended up with the lesser brother.
    Hi rb4x, I did post about this in the "past players" thread few days back, here is the link as it did make the sport news:

Hawthorn champion Shane Crawford reveals Port Adelaide’s McDonald’s offer

Veterans List
    Nothing much to get excited about in this years Free Agency list, mostly players in their twilight years. Happy for Coniglio to come over to us though

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Nothing much to get excited about in this years Free Agency list, mostly players in their twilight years. Happy for Coniglio to come over to us though
    Agree, however it’s almost worth looking at the players in next years pool, as they will be targets too if the trend of recent times continues. A bit more to like in this- https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...yers?year=2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk