Page 53 of 418 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

You insist on being so reasonable Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If only we’d kept him rather than trading in Tippett!?!
    siiiiiigh Tippett joined us in 2013. Mitchell left in 2016. Tippett’s recruitment and Mitchell’s departure are mutually exclusive events.

With the 666 rule looking likely for next year we better start concentrating on getting a winning midfield asap. The days of starting each center bounce with a spare or two behind the ball will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    siiiiiigh Tippett joined us in 2013. Mitchell left in 2016. Tippett’s recruitment and Mitchell’s departure are mutually exclusive events.
    That was an, admittedly very poor, parody of the - we should have kept Mitchell and not Jack / Hanners or signed Buddy and not Tippett - arguments. In hindsight we should have found a way to keep Mitchell even if we had to risk losing other players to do so.

We are desperately in need of a Mitchell type player right now.

Good news - Aliir signs on for 3 years.

Aliir Aliir signs on - sydneyswans.com.au

That’s great news!!!!

Completely agree Liz. Three weeks ago the injury-afflicted Giants were being written off, and who would have thought West Coast would function so well with their gun forwards back? The Age Footy Podcast had some bright spark saying “the Swans aren’t the team they were”, which is stating the bleedin’ obvious when there are 10 first 18 players out, and we had 11 players with less than 35 games experience on Saturday.
    Also, excellent news regarding Aliir.

That should rev up the team .

Nice to see Aliir signed to the end of 2021. More doom and gloom averted. I don't know how we manage it.

Not that it matters in the slightest, but it is intriguing to contemplate what the club offered him. Are we paying market value, overs or unders?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    What about Anthony Miles from Richmond? Seems to go in and out of their team, definitely gets a lot of the ball. Although I'm not sure of his contract situation.
    I remember reading a trade rumour last year suggesting we were interested in Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We should go after a gun midfielder in the trade/ free agency period. That Mitchel bloke at hawthorn goes alright
    I said it then and I'll say it again. That was the biggest trade mistake we've made in decades. We would have been better fitting him in best we can and trading Hanners or Parker at the time or the following season. We also should have had the vision to plan for his contract in the years prior.