Page 323 of 418 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,865 to 3,876 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I’ve got a half marathon trail run on Sunday waazzzza

Otherwise I would have said where and what beer 🍺?

Lol 😂

Gallery: Swans on a break - sydneyswans.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I'm happy with the 2 trades both players fill Gaps - I only judge Hanners on his last 2 seasons and see more upside in Clark.
    Thurlow is also a good prospect, tall Left footer with good kicking skills, exactly what we needed across HB - add COR and we look good defensively..... if Melican comes back.
    Midfield looks light for outside speed but if Florent continues to improve with Jones and then add Mills inside with Dawson, Clark (inside?) and the balance looks and feels better.
    Up front starts to look better with Heeney, Mills, Dawson, Jones, Clark rotation. Possibly Sinclair spends more time Fwd to support Buddy and Reid, improvement from Hayworth, Paps, Ronke its all good.
    I don't think there was much wrong with the 2018 game-plan given who we had on the park at times, i think my expectation was top 6 and see how we went from there, as finals are influenced by those season long niggles and injuries. No surprise where and how we finished. Draft picks and rookies to come, we have been very good at selecting rookies - I feel very optimistic for 2109

Cheers

Waz - pondering whilst enjoying half full schooner.
    Sounds good to me - onya Waz. Got a decent view whilst downing that schooner?

Senior Player
    Sounds like Newman will be off to Carlton for something small.

In regards to Thurlow as I stated previously Sydney had spoken to him early n his lack of game time had a lot to do with not getting along with his defensive coach, Scarlett. This came from a very very close relative.

BTW I’m not a friend of Jackson’s or relative. I’ve met him once.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    In regards to Thurlow as I stated previously Sydney had spoken to him early n his lack of game time had a lot to do with not getting along with his defensive coach, Scarlett. This came from a very very close relative.

BTW I’m not a friend of Jackson’s or relative. I’ve met him once.
    Thanks for the info Boddo. Whatever the reason, I think this is a good get for us. We wouldn't have used pick 70 anyway and he is clearly a talented kid with some decent upside if he can be completely recovered from his knee reco.

I think he gets us to 9 first rounders in our current list (will get to 10 with Blakey). I wonder how that ranks amongst the league?

Sheil is off to bombers for 2 1st round picks.

Senior Player
    Newman to Carlton for their 2019 4th rd.

Only two first round picks

Hmmmm gws done good

Now lies get beams

Faaaaaark me

We have fallen off the bandwagon !!!

No doubt

So far behind the cavalry

Fairly angry to say the least

Newman to Blues

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Now lies get beams

Faaaaaark me

We have fallen off the bandwagon !!!

No doubt

So far behind the cavalry

Fairly angry to say the least

Newman to Blues
    If we don't have the capacity to pay and there is not a player that can fit into our side then stiff bickies. So we didn't get a big fish, big deal. So others have said; don't trade for the sake of it. They clearly rate Nick Blakey very highly, and at no stage were going to jeopardise getting him.

I am glad we let Newman go. He is soft and clearly over rates himself and was not happy because he wasn't getting a game.

Pies and dons have both given up a bit , trading out of the first round of two drafts is a risky move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publicly disclosed and keen

Langdon
    Moore
    Vandenberg
    Duryea

Nil

I’m ok with angry

I’m angry

So angry

All teams around top 8 have advanced

We have not

For me extremely dissatisfied with trade week

Can anyone say massively forefilled with trade week vs our opposition????