Page 9 of 418 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, that's a great start then! Always nice to upset Doggies fans.
    yep.

Veterans List
    With us holding their 2nd rounder, it was nice to see the Pies were very poor against GWS last night, may it continue into the season proper! No Sam Murray for the Pies either.

Thanks DANZAR for the BUMP in the 2017 thread. Here is the 2018 thread that you were talking about.

Not a lot of recent posts here despite all the change of personnel amongst our recruiters/list managers, which was unforeseen.

Dew is gone but has made a good start at the Suns. Remains to be seen the impact Stevie J and Dean Cox will have for us. Some signs of new game plan in the JLT1 (which I haven't watched yet).

Among players I reckon the listed players who are most under the pump this season (apart from Macca) are Foote and Rose and maybe Marsh and Robinson too. Rose has been getting some opportunities, which is good for him, but he also has a lot of competition for his spot. Fox seems to be making the most of his chances and more likely to get senior opportunities than be delisted. Pink did pretty well last year but will have to keep improving. Maibaum's contract is up this year and he has not yet been given much chance to show he is worth an extension, so he could be worried too.

Still no hints about who might replace Tom Harley when he is promoted to replace Andrew Ireland. I wonder what the differences are between Harley's role compared with John Blakey's or Kin Beatson's new role. I wish I knew. Maybe Harley's role will just disappear or get merged with the others when Harley is promoted?

Veterans List
    I figured this was the best thread to put this in rather than start a new one. The Player's Top 50 Players list is complete. 5 Swans made it in.

Rampe at 42
    Hanners at 36
    Parker at 24
    JPK at 10
    Buddy at 4

Not too bad although I think Luke should be higher and JPK is a few spots too low as well. I think this number will increase in the coming years. We have some genuine young guns coming through....

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Still no hints about who might replace Tom Harley when he is promoted to replace Andrew Ireland. I wonder what the differences are between Harley's role compared with John Blakey's or Kin Beatson's new role. I wish I knew. Maybe Harley's role will just disappear or get merged with the others when Harley is promoted?
    Let's see if I can clarify this a bit.

Kinnear Beatson has always been the one in charge. Since he actually does all the work it's been difficult for him to engage in self-promotion.

John Blakey is being held hostage until his son signs a long term contract with the Swans. He also double as Longmire's bodyguard, warding off threats of a coach d'�tat.

Tom Harley's job is keep the real injury list from leaking out to the general public. The search is on for his replacement: someone with a top secret security clearance and a Masters in Misinformation.

I understand the Swans are expecting Blakey to go very high and assuming he chooses the academy route, will have to spend up big on points to secure him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I understand the Swans are expecting Blakey to go very high and assuming he chooses the academy route, will have to spend up big on points to secure him.
    Probably only around 10'ish at present given the standout talent in front of him. That's easily covered by our first and maybe a bit of a downgrade of the 2nd rounder we got from Collingwood.

No dramas unless he rises appreciably this year in which case it may cost our late first and Pies second but if he rises that far up the draft board he's worth it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    [/B][/I]Tom Harley's job is keep the real injury list from leaking out to the general public. The search is on for his replacement: someone with a top secret security clearance and a Masters in Misinformation.
    Also, dressing room bouncer.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Probably only around 10'ish at present given the standout talent in front of him. That's easily covered by our first and maybe a bit of a downgrade of the 2nd rounder we got from Collingwood.

No dramas unless he rises appreciably this year in which case it may cost our late first and Pies second but if he rises that far up the draft board he's worth it.
    It's impossible to know where he'll fit in the draft at this stage. This time last year, Fogarty was touted as a probable number one pick yet landed at 12. The year before, Brodie was an early favourite but slipped to 8 or 9. At the start of his draft year, Heeney was thought to be maybe a second round pick before starting a rapid ascension up the pecking order, while Mills was touted as a "top few" pick much further out and failed to drift despite playing nearly no football in his U18 year. Bontempelli, Oliver, Taranto, Brayshaw are all examples of players whose stocks rose rapidly as the draft approached.

I think it�s interesting Horse talked about him being a big bodied midfielder rather than a KPP

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Even though it's only a year extension, this is great news. Can't wait to see Lingy play.