Page 417 of 418 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418 LastLast
Results 4,993 to 5,004 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Enough is enough. I'm going to pull my finger out and start the 2019 thread this week. Sorry for the tardiness!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Enough is enough. I'm going to pull my finger out and start the 2019 thread this week. Sorry for the tardiness!
    THANK THE GODS! I thought the Tippett thread was under siege!

2019 thread now open for business.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Here is my TCW:

I know there will be howls of derision for daring to suggest Reg and AJ but I have my reasons.

RETIRE:
    Grundy; reason has lost any pace he had, loses his opponent too easily. Reading the play is only good if the opposition are going long into forward line. It's time to find out if Maibaum has the goods.
    Jack: has lost his main weapon, his pace, now runs into trouble and first instinct is to duck. Kicks lack penetration.
    Johnson; as much as it would be a great feel good story to see him back, I don't see it happening now.

McVeigh; It's his decision but should be encouraged to look at coaching role or move to another club like Hodge has done.

Trades:
    Rohan, lack of real impact in most games. Ronke/Papley/Florent can all do his job now. May not get much but we can at least get to another club.
    Hanneberry; I hoped he would be a captain at some future stage, but he has been cruelled by injury. We have other options.
    I missed a big one: DUMB football, trade in some footy smarts.
    DELIST:
    Rose; he has been around for ages but is not AFL quality.
    This from a year ago...Not bad Sprite.

Nicely spotted, royboy42. What were you doing trawling this thread from so long ago? The retirements weren't hard to call but the trades of Rohan and Hannebery were harder to predict: when did sprite post?

This thread was very popular last year - we're a whisper from 5000 posts! This year's thread is hotting up a bit now but has been a lot quieter, especially early in the year.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    This from a year ago...Not bad Sprite.
    Thanks royboy. Perhaps we can revisit my 2019 prognostications next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Nicely spotted, royboy42. What were you doing trawling this thread from so long ago? The retirements weren't hard to call but the trades of Rohan and Hannebery were harder to predict: when did sprite post?

This thread was very popular last year - we're a whisper from 5000 posts! This year's thread is hotting up a bit now but has been a lot quieter, especially early in the year.
    I think it was towards the latter part of the season and being frustrated with their continual inclusion in the team.
    sprite

Veterans List
    I just heard from an impeccable source that Joe Daniher will not be coming to us in 2020. But....never say never.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I was waiting for this chance.... 5,000.
    sprite

Senior Player
    Umm sorry to be that guy but it said 4999 when I went to see why the sudden revisiting of this thread.
    Sorry Sprite I know it meant a lot to you 😀

Veterans List
    Now can we close this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Now can we close this thread?
    Damn right! It’s only 520 (519 now) posts behind the legendary Tippett thread. And considering we’re nearly 3/4 through 2019, the 2018 trading thread should be closed and buried!

Senior Player
    I enjoy going back a few years on rainy days to see how comments made back in the day stand up (or don't).

Sprite's was so spot on, I couldn't help but highlight it. Wont do it again though. (Probably).