Page 90 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,069 to 1,080 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veteran Site Admin

I stand corrected on the contract. Your memory of this is much better than mine.

Consistent with the inside word I've been hearing that neither party want to part ways at this stage. However Caroline Wilson was adamant yesterday that Hanners will be at Saints next year.

Veterans List
    Given the Ireland statement on Hanners and the Gold Coast/Harley statement about GC not having a contract for Lloyd and also believing he doesn't want to come to them, maybe we can park these two scenarios for now along with what we're going to do with Pick 4!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Think we shopped St Jude around at some point prior to the 2012 premiership didn't we?
    Before that I think. His form dropped off a lot and he admitted that he took it easy pre season 2008. But his form did not drop off anywhere that of Hanners. Redeemed himself big time. He was missing set shots from 20 metres out dead in front. Would be good to see Hanners come back the same. Judes disposal was always better than Hanners.

Veterans List
    People forget ROK did his knee early in his career. Gave his all every week. Toughest mid you could get. Rose to the top in 2012 GF with over 20 tackles.

Surely the fire is out now that the CEO has come in to hose it down.

Surely.

I think we will be doing the Hannebery trade but will actually be sending Zachary Gates from the media department to the Saints.

They'll never know.

Zachary Gates.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ROK was out of contract.

I don't think he particularly wanted to leave but was somewhat unimpressed by the contract offer from the Swans. Still, he indicated to the club he was going to stay but then went to the Brownlow where some other club (probably Carlton) whispered in his ear with "promises" of more money. ROK then requested a trade.

When it came to trade week, Carlton weren't that interested in trading for him. They had a couple of other priorities - such as Warnock and keeping pick 6 (which they used on Yarran). I suspect they thought ROK would walk into the PSD. They must have been confident that their contract offer would be big enough to scare off other clubs.

I think talk of a trade to Hawthorn was a bit of a furphy. True, Hawthorn did show some interest, going as far as tentatively offering up their (late) first round pick before withdrawing it (or claiming it had never been on the table). They then muttered something about their second round pick but I don't think that was ever taken seriously. More significantly, they never got as far as agreeing terms with ROK. They made vague statements about him needing to fit within their salary cap structure, as if the honour of playing in gold and brown should be sufficient for him. Given contract size (and maybe an opportunity to play midfield) were the sticking points with the Swans, I don't think that was ever going to wash with ROK.

As we all know, he stayed, got his opportunity to play in the midfield and won a BS and a NS medal doing so.
    707 do you recall what RO’K said at the talk we went to about his potential departure to the Hawks? He was pretty open

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    707 do you recall what RO’K said at the talk we went to about his potential departure to the Hawks? He was pretty open
    He was candid about the matter, from memory, he asked for a trade home, Hawthorn who had just won the flag were keen, we were ok with trading him for their first (pick 16) but they were only prepared to offer their second (assume 36) so we said no. Swans then agreed to give ROK more midfield time and he agreed to stay. Something along those lines.

I'd like to say our traders said to them not budging from their second pick "get stuffed, we'll see you in the 2012 GF"! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we will be doing the Hannebery trade but will actually be sending Zachary Gates from the media department to the Saints.

They'll never know.
    But does Zachary talk with a lisp?

And who will we disguise the retained Dan as? Alex Johnson, claiming he’s made a miracle recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    But does Zachary talk with a lisp?

And who will we disguise the retained Dan as? Alex Johnson, claiming he’s made a miracle recovery?
    John Longmire says: "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

The real question is who gets the seat on the St Kilda Board of Directors, Dan's farther or Zach's?