Page 308 of 418 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,685 to 3,696 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    With all this talk about Mllls playing mid next year, I'm assuming that is mainly as an inside, ball winning type? I haven't noticed that he possesses the pace to generate outside run, although I do stand to be corrected.
    Plays like Pendlebury as a mid and he goes ok!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'd forgotten about the extended deadline to swap picks. I doubt we'll be involved in a player trade over the next two days - there's no sign of it at the moment.
    We're probably not in Melbourne just kicking back up in Sydney waiting for it all to end

It seems that Liz was right about Scully going cheaply due to injury concerns.

Now that the interest has wained from the pies after picking up Langdon - I wonder if jake kelly is on our radar ?

Would pick 26 suffice ?

Would he be keen ?

Almost indentical in height weight and hardness as a defender

Arguably at 84% Kelly’s disposals are more efficient

Plus he can now play left wing if need be

53 games 24yrs of age come jan 2019

Would adelaid match at $475k pa 3 or 4 year contract?

Left footed which is key for our transitions with our young Ling and Stoddart leftie HBFs emerging

Jake Kelly - AFC.com.au

Jake Kelly: 50 AFL Games - AFC.com.au

http://m.afc.com.au/news/2018-09-14/season-review-jake-kelly

Adelaide have Draft picks (as of Sunday October 14): 8, 13, 16, 21, 73, 83

Swans gave their Pick 13 to Adelaide

But we maybe able to assist with a pick 26 ? To help them get after SA draft talent and trade picks up ?

The Crows are still likely to get a deal done for Richmond small forward Tyson Stengle. With three picks inside the top 20, they could aim to trade up the draft in order (via a club such as St Kilda) to get their hands-on snaring top five South Australian draft prospects, such as Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine and Connor Rozee. There has been talk about Jake Kelly being traded to Collingwood, but that deal may be more unlikely with Tom Langdon set to remain a Magpie.
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 16th October 2018 at 07:28 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Now that the interest has wained from the pies after picking up Langdon - I wonder if jake kelly is on our radar ?

Would pick 26 suffice ?

Would he be keen ?

Left footed which is key for our transitions with our young Ling and Stoddart leftie HBFs emerging

Jake Kelly - AFC.com.au

Season review: Jake Kelly - AFC.com.au

But we maybe able to assist with a pick 26 ? To help them get after SA draft talent and trade picks up ?

The Crows are still likely to get a deal done for Richmond small forward Tyson Stengle. With three picks inside the top 20, they could aim to trade up the draft in order (via a club such as St Kilda) to get their hands-on snaring top five South Australian draft prospects, such as Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine and Connor Rozee. There has been talk about Jake Kelly being traded to Collingwood, but that deal may be more unlikely with Tom Langdon set to remain a Magpie.
    Love your enthusiasm, AG. There's certainly a logic to your argument.

Senior Player

Would pick 26 suffice ?

Would he be keen ?

Jake Kelly - AFC.com.au

Season review: Jake Kelly - AFC.com.au

I didn't really think we needed Langdon as classy mids and medium/tall forward is where we are deficient.
    Kelly isn't as good as Langdon (on 2018 form) so I'd prefer we stay away on this one

Gained:
    Hall
    Polec
    Tyson
    Pittard

For me North were extremely competitive via their midfield

Lots of close losses and finished just behind us at 9th on the ladder

Any games I watched I enjoyed watching Norths midfield move the ball fast and forward

I’m fairly amazed by their recruitment and for me it concerns me greatly that we still have not found the defender recruit to free up jones and mills into the midfield

A team like north with those 4 midfield recruits will be very deep and definitely pushing up the ladder
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 16th October 2018 at 09:03 AM.

Senior Player
    Gained:
    Hall
    Polec
    Tyson
    Pittard
    Yep, the Polec $'s aside they have recruited extremely well at little cost. I'm sure we'd all be very happy if we had those 4 coming in to our team

I'm sure we'd be putting a positive spin on all of them but I'm not as convinced. Polec's handy. Clearly getting overs but he should be pretty useful. Pittard just kicks it to the opposition and panics under any sort of heat. If they're able to get Hall and/or Tyson to produce their best on a consistent basis they'll be good additions. But they weren't able to do that at their previous clubs so the jury is out on both.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Probably an easy way is too look at match ups

My concern is we are falling behind a team that came 9th last season and we do need to free up jones and mills ASAP into our midfield via another serious defender join us

Ie Swans vs north midfield rotation

Given that north almost beat us with a midfield that didn’t have the new 4 midfield recruits and only lost one fringe midfielder

North have definitely have improved significantly and I think we will see them attack even stronger then this year via their mids........so how do we get ahead now of a building team like north ?

Higgins
    Zeibel
    Cunnington
    Polec
    Hall
    Tyson
    Anderson
    Simpkin
    Pittard
    Dumont

Gained:
    Hall
    Polec
    Tyson
    Pittard

For me North were extremely competitive via their midfield

Lots of close losses and finished just behind us at 9th on the ladder

Any games I watched I enjoyed watching Norths midfield move the ball fast and forward

I’m fairly amazed by their recruitment and for me it concerns me greatly that we still have not found the defender recruit to free up jones and mills into the midfield

A team like north with those 4 midfield recruits will be very deep and definitely pushing up the ladder
    Totally agree. Great recruiting again and we will continue to see this from North as I have said in earlier posts, the Scott brothers teams have seemed to really take to the trade periods and free agency! Unfortunately we seem a lot more conservative and far less aggressive than than them and appear to settle for far less...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I'm sure we'd be putting a positive spin on all of them but I'm not as convinced. Polec's handy. Clearly getting overs but he should be pretty useful. Pittard just kicks it to the opposition and panics under any sort of heat. If they're able to get Hall and/or Tyson to produce their best on a consistent basis they'll be good additions. But they weren't able to do that at their previous clubs so the jury is out on both.
    All 4 of them would be comfortably in our best 22 and have potential to be even better than what they've shown in their careers so far! I'd be very happy if this was our recruitment haul...

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    All 4 of them would be comfortably in our best 22 and have potential to be even better than what they've shown in their careers so far! I'd be very happy if this was our recruitment haul...

All 4 would play for us I agree but I'm not sure they'd take us to the next level. Pittard would give me nightmares.

Time will tell on North. I was reading the same things about Port's wonderful recruiting spree last year.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton