Page 309 of 418 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,697 to 3,708 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Did anyone hear today how March payments work re injured players

Dal said that most contracts are fixed amount which is the base then a payment per match played in Snrs but if injured you are paid for not playing

The only time u are not paid a match payment, with a contract like above, is when u are not in the snr team because not selected due to form

I wasn’t aware that players on a contract that is a base plus match payments got paid match payments when injured

There was conjecture as to if this cuts out after 8weeks or if it is to the end of a contract ie 2yrs

I suppose it makes sense as it is a form of income protection like lost people have at their work place if injured or sick and can’t work

The downside is you pay the player that is injured match payments plus the promoted player that fills in Snrs match payments also

Which is the same as the normal workplace but the $ may come from an insurer rather then the club

Aaron hall for pick 68

I suppose north offered a lot
    Suns didn’t want to match

Cap space free

Not a bad deal of hall at his best with an experienced deep midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Probably an easy way is too look at match ups

My concern is we are falling behind a team that came 9th last season and we do need to free up jones and mills ASAP into our midfield via another serious defender join us
    Perhaps we need to back who we already have into our squad. I'd like COR to stay in and maybe we need to test Maibaum? We already have Macca, AA, Lloyd, Rampe, Reg, Smith. Surely those names alone frees up Mills and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Perhaps we need to back who we already have into our squad. I'd like COR to stay in and maybe we need to test Maibaum? We already have Macca, AA, Lloyd, Rampe, Reg, Smith. Surely those names alone frees up Mills and Jones.
    You can also add Melican to that list, but not sure if selectors would be comfortable for he, Reg & AA playing alongside each other. Would like to see Rampe used as a rebounding defender rather than a lock down one.

Forgot about Melican!

Now Hawthorn get Scrimshaw who was pick number 7 two years ago and had some injuries for a future 3rd round pick...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Aaron hall for pick 68

I suppose north offered a lot
    Suns didn’t want to match

Cap space free

Not a bad deal of hall at his best with an experienced deep midfield
    Very bad deal for Gold Coast I would say.
    Steal by Norf.

Norf have won trading this year.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Now Hawthorn get Scrimshaw who was pick number 7 two years ago and had some injuries for a future 3rd round pick...

Wasn't it for pick 53?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Forgot about Melican!
    Are you serious?! Melican is best 22....we suffered without him.

Finlayson was linked to North but now gone cold since getting Pittard, so hoping he's on our radar at least. We have not been mentioned or linked to anyone whatsoever since the Langdon deal fell over. Every other club has it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Wasn't it for pick 53?
    Nope, future 3rd round pick. Hawthorn also got GC future 4th rounder so with Gold Coast likely finishing on the bottom and Hawthorn in the 8 again there will probably only be 4 or 5 places between the picks...

They reckon Scrimshaw is/was on $400k a season. Mind boggling.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton