Page 307 of 418 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,673 to 3,684 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I suspect it's just a case of the story not being updated by the typically slow and selective Swans' website. I did wonder, though, about their cap and draft picks situation now that the Beams story has raised its head again. The AFL site is reporting that they've offered pick 18 plus more to the Lions. That leaves them with very little to match bids for Quaynor and Kelly - their next pick is pick 51. The points value of the remaining picks they currently hold is 635, which grosses up to 794 with the discount. That will match a bid at around pick 23/4 (it falls between the two values and I don't know if the AFL rounds up or down). That's just for one player, and some draft pundits have Quaynor going higher.

Can they afford to bring Beams in without trading another player out?

Chances are that the Lions will say no, anyway, but if they do budge I wonder what Collingwood will do.
    Collingwood are offering pick 18 & their 2019 2nd round for Beams
    Last edited by KSAS; 15th October 2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Good. I didn't like his hair, anyway.
    That was my way of coming to terms with the news too.

Veterans List
    Pies are cunning trading next years second because if they are short of points to match bids this year, the extra points needed come off their 2019 same round pick.

They pay for Quaynor with junk picks, if they natch F/S Kelly in the second round they won't have their 2019 second as it's been traded, points will need to come from their third.

I'd like a bid high enough for Quaynor that they run out of points and eat into their 2019 first :-)

Veterans List
    Today would have to be one of the most boring trading days of one of (so far) the most boring trade periods for us ever!! Who have we got so far? One player FFS.....Clarke and some picks, one which we wasted on St Kilda. Two days left to do something 'meaningful'......fingers crossed but not holding breath.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pies are cunning trading next years second because if they are short of points to match bids this year, the extra points needed come off their 2019 same round pick.

They pay for Quaynor with junk picks, if they natch F/S Kelly in the second round they won't have their 2019 second as it's been traded, points will need to come from their third.

I'd like a bid high enough for Quaynor that they run out of points and eat into their 2019 first :-)

Good pickup!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Today would have to be one of the most boring trading days of one of (so far) the most boring trade periods for us ever!! Who have we got so far? One player FFS.....Clarke and some picks, one which we wasted on St Kilda. Two days left to do something 'meaningful'......fingers crossed but not holding breath.

Agree it has been underwhelming trade period for us so far. I expected to have a big fish committed coming to us after the club had plans early in place to offload Hannebery. I'm speculating if it was a necessity in order to re-sign Lloyd as we don't know what his new contract deal is worth? (BTW i'm not suggesting Lloyd is on $800k!)
    Last edited by KSAS; 15th October 2018 at 05:55 PM.

#Underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Collingwood are offering pick 18 & their 2019 2nd round for Beams
    That's a pathetic offer considering what the Lions gave them a few years ago.

Just spitballing but I can't see why we haven't thrown our hat into the ring for Kade Kolodjashnij. He's that defender that we've been linked to who allows Mills to move to the midfield.

I’m actually just excited we have less then 48hrs to mull over trade week of players

Then we have another 4 weeks of trading picks.........I might end up in a ward .....aaahhhhh

Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
    Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only).

With all this talk about Mllls playing mid next year, I'm assuming that is mainly as an inside, ball winning type? I haven't noticed that he possesses the pace to generate outside run, although I do stand to be corrected.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I’m actually just excited we have less then 48hrs to mull over trade week of players

Then we have another 4 weeks of trading picks.........I might end up in a ward .....aaahhhhh

Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
    Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only).
    I'd forgotten about the extended deadline to swap picks. I doubt we'll be involved in a player trade over the next two days - there's no sign of it at the moment.